25703Old Calendar Choir Cues: 23 Pentecost, 29 October/11 November 2012

    Nov 7, 2012
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a double service
      for the Nun-Martyr Anastasia the Roman, together with Venerable
      Abramius the recluse (§1B in the Order of Divine Services). The order
      for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a Saint. If
      your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos, please make
      the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel
      are indicated by the sign § and the appropriate number. A reminder:
      The Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for chanting
      according to the book put together by Dr. Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford for the materials on his website
      (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this effort
      without his help.

      29 October/11 November 2012

      TWENTY-THIRD SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST -- Tone 6

      Epistle:
      For the Sunday: Ephesians 2:4-10 (§220)
      For St. Abramius: Galatians 5:22-6:2 (§213)

      Gospel:
      For the Sunday: Luke 8:41-56 (§39)
      For St. Abramius: Matthew 11:27-30 (§43)

      Twenty-Third Sunday after Pentecost. Martyr Anastasia the Roman.
      Venerable Abramius the Recluse, and Blessed Maria, his niece, of
      Mesopotamia (Doxology-rank service). Martyrs Cladius, Asterius, Neon,
      and Theonilla at Aegae in Cilicia. Venerable Anna of Constantinople.
      Venerable Abramius, wonder-worker of Rostov. Venerable Abramius,
      hermit of the Kiev Caves. Monk-Martyr Athanasius. Monk-Martyr
      Timothy of Esphigmenou, Mount Athos, at Adrianople.

      HOURS

      At the Third Hour:

      Troparion of St. Abramius
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      At the Sixth Hour:

      Troparion of Nun-Martyr Anastasia
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes): 8 Troparia from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom, O God my Savior, and save
      me, for Thou alone lovest mankind.

      By a tree was Adam deceived; yet again by the Tree of the Cross was
      the thief saved, who cried out: Remember me in Thy kingdom, O Lord!

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      O Bestower of life, Who hadst broken down the gates and portals of
      hades, Thou hast saved all who cry out to Thee, O Savior: Glory to
      Thine arising!

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      O Thou Who by Thy burial hast made death captive, and by Thy
      resurrection hast filled all with joy: remember me, in that Thou art
      compassionate.

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      The myrrh-bearing women who came to the tomb heard an angel cry out:
      Christ, Who hath enlightened all things is risen!

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      Together let us all hymn Christ, Who was nailed to the Cross and hath
      delivered the world from beguilement.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit let us glorify, saying: O
      Holy Trinity, save Thou our souls!

      O Virgin, who ineffably conceived in the latter days and gavest birth
      unto thy Creator: Save those who magnify thee!

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 6: Angelic hosts were above Thy tomb, /
      and they that guarded Thee became as dead, / and Mary stood by the
      grave, / seeking Thine immaculate Body; / Thou didst despoil hades and
      wast not tempted by it. / Thou didst meet the Virgin and didst grant
      us life, / O Thou Who didst rise from the dead, // O Lord, glory be to
      Thee.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of St. Anastasia, Tone 4: Thy ewe-lamb Anastasia cried out
      to Thee with a loud voice, O Jesus: / I love Thee, O my Bridegroom, /
      and, seeking Thee, I pass through many struggles; / I am crucified and
      buried with Thee in Thy baptism, / and suffer for Thy sake, that I
      might reign with Thee; / I die for Thee, that I might live with Thee.
      / As an unblemished sacrifice accept me, / who sacrifice myself with
      love for Thee. // By her supplications, save Thou our souls, in that
      Thou art merciful.

      Troparion of St. Abramius, Tone 8: In thee, O father, that which is
      fashioned according to the image of God was
      preserved, / for, having taken up thy cross, thou didst follow after
      Christ, / and by thine example didst teach that the flesh is to be
      disdained as transitory, / but that the soul must be cared for as a
      thing immortal. // Wherefore, thy spirit doth rejoice with the
      angels, O venerable Abramius.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 6: Having by His life bestowing hand
      raised up all the dead out of the dark abysses, / Christ God, the
      Giver of life, hath bestowed the Resurrection upon the fallen human
      race;/ for He is the Savior of all, // the Resurrection, and the Life,
      and the God of all.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Kontakion of St. Abramius, Tone 3: On earth thou wast shown to be an
      angel in the flesh, / and through fasting thou becamest like a planted
      tree, / thriving on the water of asceticism, / and washing defilement
      away / with the torrents of thy tears. / Wherefore, thou hast been
      revealed / as a divine dwelling of the Spirit, // O Abramius.

      Glory...

      Kontakion of St. Anastasia, Tone 3: Cleansed by the waters of
      virginity, / O venerable Anastasia, / and crowned with the blood of
      martyrdom, / thou grantest healing of infirmities and salvation / unto
      those who are in need, / and who have recourse unto thee with their
      whole heart; / for Christ granteth might to thee, // pouring forth
      ever-flowing grace.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokeimenon in the 6th Tone: Save, O Lord, Thy people and
      bless Thine inheritance.
      Choir: Save, O Lord, Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
      Reader: Unto Thee, O Lord, Will I cry; O my God, be not silent unto me.
      Choir: Save, O Lord, Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
      Reader: In the 7th Tone: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the
      death of His saints.
      Choir: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to
      the Ephesians:

      [Ephesians 2:4-10, §220]: Brethren: God, who is rich in mercy, for his
      great love wherewith he loved us, * Even when we were dead in sins,
      hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) * And
      hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly
      places in Christ Jesus: * That in the ages to come he might shew the
      exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ
      Jesus. * For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
      yourselves: it is the gift of God: * Not of works, lest any man should
      boast. * For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good
      works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

      [Galatians 5:22-6:2, §213]: Brethren: the fruit of the Spirit is love,
      joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, * meekness,
      temperance: against such there is no law. * And they that are Christ's
      have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. * If we live
      in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. * Let us not
      be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one
      another.* If a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual,
      restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself,
      lest thou also be tempted. * Bear ye one another's burdens, and so
      fulfill the law of Christ.

      ALLELUIA (NO PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 6th Tone: He that dwelleth in the help of the
      Most High shall abide in the shelter of the God of heaven.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: He shall say unto the Lord: Thou art my helper and my refuge.
      He is my God, and I will hope in Him.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord; in His commandments
      shall he greatly delight.

      [Luke 8:41-56, §39]: At that time, there came a man named Jairus, and
      he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and
      besought him that he would come into his house: * For he had one only
      daughter, about twelve years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he
      went the people thronged him. * And a woman having an issue of blood
      twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither
      could be healed of any, * Came behind him, and touched the border of
      his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. * And Jesus
      said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with
      him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest
      thou, Who touched me? * And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for
      I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. * And when the woman saw
      that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him,
      she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had
      touched him, and how she was healed immediately. * And he said unto
      her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go
      in peace. * While he yet spake, there cometh one from the ruler of the
      synagogue's house, saying to him, Thy daughter is dead; trouble not
      the Master. * But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear
      not: believe only, and she shall be made whole. * And when he came
      into the house, he suffered no man to go in, save Peter, and James,
      and John, and the father and the mother of the maiden. * And all wept,
      and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but
      sleepeth. * And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.
      * And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called,
      saying, Maid, arise. * And her spirit came again, and she arose
      straightway: and he commanded to give her meat. * And her parents were
      astonished: but he charged them that they should tell no man what was
      done.

      [Matthew 11:27-30, §43]: The Lord said: All things are delivered
      unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
      neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever
      the Son will reveal him. * Come unto me, all ye that labor and are
      heavy laden, and I will give you rest. * Take my yoke upon you, and
      learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest
      unto your souls. * For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

      DOSTOINIK

      it is truly meet to bless thee, O Theotokos...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest! In
      everlasting remembrance shall the righteous be; he shall not be afraid
      of evil tidings. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic