17571Re: [ustav] Digest Number 1692

  • Maria I Armstrong
    Apr 1, 2005
      Where are the lessons supposed to be read from? :-)
      Our readers read them from the kliros but this doesn't seem 'correct' to
      me.
      They used to read the Prok. from the kliros for Liturgy on Sunday as
      well...
      maria.

      On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:09:52 EST srbmillerr@... writes:
      In a message dated 3/31/2005 11:40:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      ustav@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Who is supposed to read the Prok. at Pres. and from where?
      > I assume, the Prok. before the Epistle and Gospel are done as on
      Sundays?
      > Why does the Deacon or Pries say the Prok. on Sat. but not on Sundays?
      At
      > least that it what we do.
      > Thanks,
      > maria.

      Dear Maria,
      No Typikon or other service book (in my recollection) assigns the
      prokeimenon
      at any service to the priest or deacon. It is the common Russian usage
      have the deacon or the priest do the prokeimenon at Vespers & Matins.
      BUT it is
      usual to have the reader of the OT lessons do the prokeimena at the
      Vespers/Presanctified just as at the Divine Liturgy. The reader does the
      prokeimena
      from the same place as the lessons.

      Sergius