Re: [usshipsoftheline] James Madison

  • Gerald Todd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2011
    I didn't do it, or work on it.  Some fella bought it and brought in to the museum be investigated.

    I'm working on the USS St Lawrence which is a bigger model being nearly rebuilt, and going to take the rest of my life to complete at one day a week (when my job doesn't interfere with even that one day).

    On 1/16/2011 9:36 AM, Bruce wrote:

    Jerry - Thanks for sharing these photos. They were very well done. Model looks amazing to me, since I have never worked at that large scale. You can get so much more detail. May I ask how many hours you have to date on this project? Or maybe how many months (or years in my case)? Anyway wonderful to see.

    Bruce

  • bbutzow@aol.com
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2011
      Gerald - What museum are you affiliated with? Does it have a web site?

      Right now I'm struggling to finish the Harriet Lane (@1:144 Scale). This is my 13th month and hope to finish by summer. The rigging at that small scale certainly tests a person's patience. Fortunately I can put several hours a day on the project, as I am semi-retired.

      Bruce