USSOHIO.ORG

  • PCC
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      Does anyone know who keeps this web site and who built this excellent model? There is nothing on the web site about it or where the model currently is located. I have posted a few of the photos from the web site but there must be at least 100 others showing the construction sequence. Apparently the model is still being rigged or at least photos of the completely rigged model have not been posted.

      PC Coker
    • myattmr2
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2010
        Greetings everyone,
        I happen to be the person who is building the model in question. A friend of mine at work is lending me the website space and I really need to update the site with the latest pictures and contact information. (just more things to do)
        Anyway, the name is Steven Myatt and I live in Warminster PA. I've been working on this model for the last 10 years and its finally coming down to the final stages. I have only to finish the gunport lids, make the anchors, make 5 ships boats (the launch is already done), and do various touch-ups and the model will be done.
        The Brooklyn Navy Yard is building a modern, first-class museum and they've contacted me about displaying the model. It's due for delivery to the museum in April, 2011. I think the museum officially opens in September, 2011.
        I'm sure there will be more questions so feel free to shoot an email off to myattmr2@....

        take care.
        Steve M.