BIG ANNOUNCEMENT -- Pegasus Game Night, July 13, 2002 -- after the sim!

  • Heiwa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      I'm scheduling the next Pegasus Game Night for Saturday, July
      13, 2002, immediately following our sim.

      To help us prepare for this, the sim will be much shorter
      than normal, and will start at 8 pm, not 8:30, Saturday -- 11
      pm Eastern ...

      That way, perhaps our east coast people can stick around for
      a while :)

      If you'd also like to play the game BEFORE the sim, let me
      know ... maybe 6 PM our time? Not sure everyone would be
      able to do that, but email me and let me know your thoughts.

      The GAME in question will require you to register at a new
      game site, if you are not there already.

      The website is www.pogo.com, and the game is Word Riot.
      It's a pretty unique game that I have only seen there, hence
      us going there versus Yahoo!

      My recommendation: choose names on Pogo to match your
      character's. :)

      In a nutshell, Word Riot is a team game slightly akin to
      Password. The computer randomly splits the room up into a
      Red and Blue team, and each round, randomly picks a person to
      be the clue giver for that round.

      The Clue Giver will receive a secret word -- for example,
      "photograph". The Clue Giver will then have 45 seconds to
      type in a clue that to help the team guess what the secret
      word is.

      The catch? The clue can only be 8 characters in length, no
      numbers, no symbols except _ or -, AND it cannot contain too
      many of the same letters as in the word.

      So, "photo" as a clue would be illegal, because the computer
      does not allow 3 letters that appear in order in the word to
      appear next to each other in the clue. "graph" or any clue
      containing the series of letters "ogr" would also be illegal.

      however, you could type "fto" since it only contains T-O
      from the original word. Or you could type "picturePH", a
      synonym for the word and the first two letters of that word.

      There are lots of ways to clue in your team ... and the team
      can talk over an answer for 30 seconds, so you can put your
      brains together.

      All in all, it's a fun game, and the teams will change each
      game ...

      http://sbc.yahoo.com