Pegasus is the best IRC sim in FSG -- but you already knew that, right?

  • Heiwa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Well, normally I'm not a big fan of awards given by other
      people to recognize the "best of" something. But I thought
      it only fair to mention that Vawton, the former IRC Division
      Manager, made his choices for IRC Division Manager's Choice
      Awards and announced them on January 30.

      The results can be found here, on a link posted on the front
      page: http://www.fedsims.com/~ircdiv/

      In short, Pegasus was selected as the best IRC sim in the
      division, beating out three other sims. While I'm glad to be
      recognized as the best sim, I can't help but point out that I
      knew this all along, and I wouldn't have been more or less
      happy had we not won. Since I know we're the best already.
      ;)

      Also, our own Farrell was selected as the best department
      head for ALL IRC sims -- quite a feat, considering the number
      of department heads each ship has, and the number of
      nominees. Congratulations, Mr. Farrell!

      I feel compelled to point out that Pegasus was the most
      highly awards sim twice over -- it was the only sim to net 2
      awards (Best Sim and Best Department Head), with every other
      sim netting only 1 or 0. It was also the sim with the
      highest number of honorable mentions (at 6), making us the
      most decorated at 8 total recognitions.

      Here's a brief rundown:

      BEST SIM -- Winner, Pegasus (of course)

      BEST CO -- Honorable Mention, me

      BEST XO -- Honorable Mention, Baralu

      BEST DEPARTMENT HEAD -- Winner, Farrell
      Honorable Mention, Hawk

      BEST JUNIOR OFFICER -- Honorable Mention, Catherine
      Honorable Mention, Fox

      Congratulations to everyone listed, but if your name isn't
      here, don't fret. Two reasons not to ...

      One, every simmer together helps make this sim the winner
      that it is. For that, you are all equally deserving of
      credit and my personal thanks. As Best Sim, you all are
      winners. Running this sim has been fun and continues to be
      fun -- and that's the reason I am still doing it.

      TWo, these aren't the important awards. Those are coming in
      March, once Season 2 ends.

      The First Annual Pegasus Emmys -- be there or be square...

      http://auctions.yahoo.com