Teaser for Tuesday, May 4, 2010 -- "The Cadri System"

  • G. Garcia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010

      "We need to put a stop to all of these offensives as soon as possible," Mareena Salean said via subspace, appearing on the viewscreen in the President's office.

      "I disagree," Admiral Henry said as he stood beside the Federation President, who sat silently.  "It would draw undue attention to us to suddenly give up the entire effort after so much fanfare and public discussion.  However, I can begin to send vessels to out-of-the-way sectors chasing after ghosts ... and we may perhaps be able to use some of the less intelligent captains as tools against Section 31 facilities that do not work for us."

      "I understand your desire to face less attacks, but the admiral has a good point, Mareena," Amaterasu Kaiyama, or rather the Allasomorph posing as Amaterasu Kaiyama, said.  "Such a reversal would draw questions from the media and the scrutiny of the Federation Council, not to mention --"

      "All right, all right.  But we need a way to put a stop to this once and for all.  Give me a few days to come up with a plan to end this little war."

      "Take all the time you need," the admiral said.  "We've got things under control here, don't we, Mister President?"

      Having no standing orders and no better response, President Finneas Del Roy simply nodded.

      As Pegasus entered orbit of Cadri II, Captain Betencourt informed Commander Preston that he only expected to be on the planet for a few hours for the tournament.  Shortly after he and the others beamed down, the Pegasus received a hail from a Starfleet cargo ship requesting assistance with its warp core.  Informing the captain that they would be breaking orbit for a minor matter, Commander Preston ordered Lieutenant Daire to set a course to rendezvous with the cargo ship...