An Important Announcement from FSF.

  • Gabriel Garcia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009

      Posted earlier today.

      FSF Launches User-Fee Program
      April 01st, 2009 - Group News

      Effective April 1, 2009, FSF Administration will be instituting a two-dollar per month user-fee for all members.  According to FSF Administrator Jonathan Shuni, the user-fee will pay for sever upgrades and allow FSF to pay for staff trips to Shoreleave East in Baltimore, MD.

      “We feel confident that this will make us solvent for the near future and balance our books,” Shuni said. “In the past we’ve always been able to avoid user-fees, but in this current economy it just wasn’t possible.”

      Estimated to raise almost $25,000, user fees will give stability and a much needed revenue stream for the My Points! program, staff lunches, server upgrades, Fleet Command bonuses and one-time payments to members that have recently lost their jobs.  However, FSF Administration says that the user-fee program isn’t a membership fee.

      “Membership fees really isn’t the word we like to use,” communications director Cosmo Nefarious said. “Really, it’s to their benefit and ours too. We’re not charging them to be members, we’re charging them for using our forums.”

      Nefarious was also quick to point out that “we’re really doing things that help members too. Like the ‘Care for FSF Recovery Plan’ that will make a fifty dollar onetime payment to any FSF member who loses their job after March 31...”

      The user-fee initiative began during a recent staff meeting and met little opposition. As FSF host Joe Ferguson noted “well I was looking for something to do with that extra 33 dollars from the Federal government and this helps me as well as our members.”

      FSF second in command, Jay Truce, added “It will be so much easier doing my job now that we’ll have lots of money.”

      In addition, members who wish to have exceptions to rules may pay the following fees:

      * more than 4 characters is $5 one time fee
      * hosting before 6 months membership experience is $20
      * reactivation of deleted characters $1/character
      * My Points redemption  $1.50 service charge
      * AMS or forums username changes are $2
      * use of an @... email address will be $5 per year (non-hosts)
      * use of an FSF blog will be $10 per year

      Members who are concerned about the user-fee should take a look at their calendar.