Re: [uss-pegasus] Re: OOC: ATTN Sci Personnel!

  • STRIKERx1@Aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
      In a message dated 10/31/00 11:31:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      CptFarrell@... writes:

      << > Because we're member of the best, most thriving department on the
      USS
      > Pegasus and we want to keep it that way!! =)

      Most thriving my ASCII :P Alright, maybe thriving, but not active.
      All yas do is just sit up there and prod on consoles while us
      Engineering folk are the ones scrambling to replace plasma conduits.
      (Darn that Loch Ness Monster!)

      OPS has it the hardest, we've got to babysit you all and make sure you
      don't casue a power outage doing one of your experiments or scans or
      something else like that.
    • Sonya Nelson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
        Okay people... enough is enough... engineering is the best section by far...
        without us you'd all be drifting in space... that would not be fun...
        agreed? that's what I thought... love ya all

        Sonya <aka. Sandra or God... whichever you prefer...>

        From: "Elan Tomeleck" <Tomaleck@...>
        To: <uss-pegasus@egroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [uss-pegasus] Re: OOC: ATTN Sci Personnel!
        Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:23:43 -0500

        > In a message dated 10/31/00 11:31:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > CptFarrell@... writes:
        >
        > << > Because we're member of the best, most thriving department on the
        > USS
        > > Pegasus and we want to keep it that way!! =)
        >
        > Most thriving my ASCII :P Alright, maybe thriving, but not active.
        > All yas do is just sit up there and prod on consoles while us
        > Engineering folk are the ones scrambling to replace plasma conduits.
        > (Darn that Loch Ness Monster!)
        >
        > OPS has it the hardest, we've got to babysit you all and make sure
        you
        > don't casue a power outage doing one of your experiments or scans or
        > something else like that.
        ::: Wonders what would happen if he accidently misread a planets atmosphere
        for an away mission , Where Ops and Engineering crews have to go::::: :)

        I 'll have you know that with out us you'd have to deal Ambassadors and what
        not for hours on end, But , since were there to bore them to tears you don't
        have to. :)

        --- Waugh to Ambassadors -------

        How about a tour of our sensor array

        -- Hawk to Ambassadors ----

        or maybe even the main deflector grid. Now that's entertaining.

        -- Ambassadors---

        zzzzzzzzz

        Ensign Darrien Hawk

        << Also hopefully my new modem won't mess up like my last one and i can
        actually stay till the end of the sim :)>>

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Elan Tomeleck
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000

        • spfoley@swbell.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
            the reason the ship works is the CREW. there is no better than the other thing and there is
            no sitting around picking their nose either. without a crew there would be no ship. dunno
            who started this mini ego war but for goodness sakes at least admit that everyone has a job
            to do and without them being there.. well you get the picture. ;)

            Of course.. if we're talking about something like........ posting? ::chuckles, already knowing
            who'd be the couple of people to win that one::

            laters ;)

            Doc
            S. Logan

            > ** Original Subject: RE: [uss-pegasus] Re: OOC: ATTN Sci Personnel!
            > ** Original Sender: Sonya Nelson <zunite@...>
            > ** Original Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:35:47 -0600 (CST)

            > ** Original Message follows...

            > Okay people... enough is enough... engineering is the best section by far...
            > without us you'd all be drifting in space... that would not be fun...
            > agreed? that's what I thought... love ya all
            >
            > Sonya <aka. Sandra or God... whichever you prefer...>
            > From: "Elan Tomeleck" <Tomaleck@...>
            > To: <uss-pegasus@egroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [uss-pegasus] Re: OOC: ATTN Sci Personnel!

            pegasus/info.html

            Coming into direct contact with Docs tend to get me to stop doing work and
            start creative writing =) -Hylar, merrow
          • Santiago
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
              And who will fix you up after the rest of the crew mangles you for saying you're the best? The medical. You might want to give the docs props or they don't give you sedatives.
              And Mouse can't beat Carey at swimming. No offense, Mouse or anyone else, but Carey grew up on an aquatic world where the water is about four times as dense. It was in his bio, I'm not just pulling this out of my hat.

              Santi

              Lieutenant Ender Waugh wrote:

               Okay everyone,

              I point you to this point made by Doc/Logan in a recent e-mail:

              At 04:06 PM 11/1/00 -0600, spfoley@... wrote:
              the reason the ship works is the CREW.

              I know what you're saying. Oh, this is supports everyone's claim. It's a unifying statement. I'm here to tell you, unfortunately, that it totally supports the Science Department's claim, and only the Science Department's claim, that we are the best, most important Department on the Pegasus.

              Anyone doubting this ( Striker and the Engineering Evil Doers: Sonya, Farrell ) will have to try and beat us in our annual Pegasus Athletic Olympiad.

              I'll see you all in the LONG JUMP. ::Winks to Hawk, who'll handle the discus, and Mouse, who's got all swimming events in the bag::

              -Lieutenant Ender Waugh
              Chief Science Officer, USS Pegasus

                 U.S.S. Pegasus,  Starfleet Registry NCC-63847
              U.S.S. Pegasus sims every Friday night at 11:30pm
              ET, channel #uss-pegasus on the InnerNET IRC
              network.  Ship's officers are strongly encouraged
              to arrive at least ten minutes early, to allow
              time for setup.  Remember, we're on the following
              servers (try in this order):

                   Espoo.FI.EU.InnerNET.ORG       port 6667, 7000
                   Helena.MT.US.InnerNET.ORG      port 6667, 7000

              To visit the </i>Pegasus<i> listserver archive: http://www.egroups.com/group/uss-pegasus/info.html

            • Lieutenant Ender Waugh

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
                  I'm not saying the medical department is the best, I'm saying that when you all finally stop
                  fighting over this, Medical will be the people to make you all better again w/o so
                  much as a 'thanks a lot, you guys are great'. :)
                  We may not be the best, but we're definitely in the running for most underappreciated.
                  And whoever can disagree with that, I dare you to play a doctor (physical or mental)
                  for three weeks and keep your position.

                • CptFarrell@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2000
                    In a message dated 11/1/00 5:31:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, Admiral@...
                    writes: (with apologies for not hitting reply all but instead hitting reply
                    and getting just his e-mail addy included)

                    > Anyone doubting this ( Striker and the Engineering Evil Doers:
                    Sonya,Farrell
                    > ) will have to try and beat us in our annual Pegasus AthleticOlympiad.
                    >
                    > I'll see you all in the LONG JUMP. ::Winks to Hawk, who'll handle
                    thediscus,
                    > and Mouse, who's got all swimming events in the bag::

                    Fine, and we'll kick butt in triathalon and foot races since we don't have
                    time to goldbrick on the bridge...y'see, when there's a problem, we're the
                    ones who run around frantically trying to fix it ;D

                    - D

                    PS: Yes, I've been joking and poking fun all along. It's the crew that makes
                    the starship work, not any single department :) either way, a nice athletic
                    event sounds like a good character development sim :)