Teaser for Tuesday, January 1, 2008 -- "Voice of the Comet God", Part Two

  • G. Garcia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008

      "So if there IS something inside of the comet, how do we get close enough to it without being discovered, and without drawing the ire of the Dristi?" Colonel Kira Nerys looked to the Starfleet officers assembled at the table.

      "It seems to me there's only one ship that can get close enough without being detected to have a chance to tell us what we're up against," Fleet Captain Poe stated as he conferred with Major Ret about another matter.

      Kira leaned back.  "The Defiant."

      Poe turned to Marcus Betencourt.  "As executive officer and head Starfleet personnel of DS9, you are the commanding officer of the ship.  Assemble a crew and prepare to get underway in 2 hours.  Have Nog work on assembling sort of countermeasure to the Dristi engine-dampening weapon, if he can come up with something."  He turned to Ret and headed for the door.   "I need to speak to a reporter before she throws a wrench in the entire presidential election."