PL: Grey Matter

  • LadyAerynSun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006
      AOL Email
      PL: Grey Matter
      Lt Melissa Raven, CMO
      (this takes place shortly after the sim Brain Matters)

      Computer, begin recording...

      Craziness, brain surgery, armed guards....that would sum up a typical day on this ship.  Perhaps that is not entirely fair, but it is a funny thought.  I just finished lunch in sickbay with Horatio, that man is a complete cad, and now find myself stuck here.  Oh, don't get me wrong, the surgery went phenomenally well, even though my brain was in Marzia's hands.  That is just creepy.  I personally believe she poked her finger at the grey matter a few times just to be funny.  Eh, I'll get even with her somehow.  There was also that strange period of time when we were surrounded by armed guards.  No one has told me why armed guards stormed the operating room yet, so I will have to make some inquiries.  Eh, it all worked itself out in the end.  Overall, I am quite pleased with what Dr. Arpon was able to accomplish, though I am not sure if I made the right decision.  Granted, this surgery was needed and was not done at the hands of another butcher.  What I am questioning is whether I should have kept the abilities or not.  When they worked properly they were nice to have.  But, being back to my normal self also is good.  Maybe I won't be as crazy as I have been over the past year or so.

      Dr. Endicott tells me that I will only have to stay here for a day or two while he runs some scans.  It will also give me some time to adjust to the procedure itself and rest.  Already, something feels different.  I haven't quite put my finger on it, but it will come to me...I hope.  One of the things I do hope is that people will stop avoiding me.  Yes, I noticed.  I also noticed their whispers.  I don't blame them one bit.  For a while there I was a bit of a terror (even to myself).  A few people are still here in sickbay and actually smiled, except for Dr. Simpson.  Then again, she never smiles.  I still need to deal with her blatant disregard of the doctor/patient confidentiality rule, but that can wait.  Dr. Endicott is giving me a "look" as I make this log so I better shut up and rest.

      Computer, end log.

      ::As the log closed, realization hit like a ton of bricks.  Even with 7 people in sickbay and the smallest of mental barriers up, her mind was silent.  No other voices were present, except her own or those thoughts she let in.  It was quiet, blissfully quiet for the first time in over a year.  Her mind was her own again.  With a contented sigh, she went back to sleep.::