PL: Artifacts, Weddings, and Mothers

  • LadyAerynSun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      PL:  Artifacts, Weddings, and Mothers
      Lt Raven, CMO

           Finally, the day had arrived and rather spur-of-the-moment.  Marzia and Marcus exchanged wedding vows.  She looked beautiful and elegant in her wedding gown.  How she looked or how any of us looked mattered not.  This was their day, their special day.  I was deeply honored that she asked me to stand by her and equally thankful that clothing was required.  Traditional Betazoid weddings can be so….drafty.  I don't know what happened, but something struck me odd and funny at the same time.  My mind wandered to traditions and I began picturing the Pegasus crew naked.  Silly random thoughts!!  It only lasted a few seconds, but now, it makes me chuckle.  Chuckle that I even thought like that and chuckle that I chose that particular moment to have that thought.

           Thankfully, the whole artifact fiasco is over, though I do believe some are still feeling repercussions from the ordeal.  I was especially hard on Marcus in retrospect.  I could have said what I said without the slap to his face and without the harsh words and tone.  At some point, I do need to speak with him.  As for Dr. Endicott, one of the nurses revived him from his slumber.  He has returned to duty, but I do believe he is avoiding me.  Or am I avoiding him?  Either way, we have hardly exchanged two words since then.  I don't blame him, I don't blame any of those affected by Hewitt's artifact, don't get me wrong.  It's just a sense of awkwardness I guess.  Awkwardness on my end as not to offend anyone or hurt their feelings.

           Life seems to have gotten back to normal.

           I spoke too soon.  Just as I had that thought, I received a message from my mother.  It seems she has a listening post nearby, just eagerly awaiting word that the Pegasus close to home planet.  Her message was to the effect of "if you are in the vicinity, I would love to see you Melissa."  To enter the lion's den or not to - that is the question?  Granted, it would be nice to see my home, but the implications of such a visit could be drastic.  My mother has already voiced her disdain for my social life and she doesn't know of the series of surgeries performed on me.  What does that leave for us to discuss…my wonderful art career?  For the moment, I have not responded to her invitation.  Though, it would be nice to visit my home, show Slor a few places, or just hide away for a few days.