Personal Log: "The Coming Storm"

  • LadyAerynSun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2004
      Personal Log:  "The Coming Storm"
      Lt Melissa Raven, CMO

      Rest, relaxation, and sleep were the prescription to aid in my healing.  Well, I can only lay in bed for so long.  So, I found my way to the holodeck, trying to avert the stares of a few crewmembers.  Considering I was in my pajamas could account for the stares.  Or maybe it was the fact that I looked like death warmed over….oh well.  The holodeck was a welcome comfort.  The only voice I could hear was my own over the sound of the pouring rain.  I love the feel of the rain.  Rain was a gift, at least I would swear to it.  The rain drowned out the noises of everyday living, cleansed the body, cleansed the mind, and smelled wonderful.  Technology had come very close to capturing the smell of rain, but it could never compare to the fragrance of real rain.  Beggars can't be choosers!

      Against medical advice, I had used this time to review the accident reports. Asher would kill me if she found out.  Padds could be conveniently hidden under clothes and seemed to be waterproof…double bonus.  I read over the damage to the ship wondering how I could have done that.  Hell, there was almost a warp core breach and majority of the crew evacuated into escape pods.  Luckily it had been averted by Cerin and McFarland.  Both were exposed to extreme levels of radiation and were diagnosed with radiation poisoning and radiation burns. When will this end?

      I felt the holodeck vibrating, but not because of thunder.  The rainstorm had dissipated, but another storm was brewing.  "Concentrate.  Control it.  Beat it.  Chaos to calm."  Those phrases I repeated until the deck was still; until my mind was still.  It was getting easier each time, but how long it would take before I could making the conscious effort was unknown.  The body still needed to heal from the surgery, the mind needed to heal from the constant ache that plagued it, and the circuits needed time to rewire.    The padd also contained the latest medical scans.  The prognosis is a good one, but it seems like another surgery is unavoidable.  Maybe.  Perhaps.   Who knows.  This situation does make me wonder if the telekinetic ability will remain.  I guess that all depends on control.  Though, I am pretty certain that a second surgery would most likely strip that ability away.  At this point in my life, I could care less if it stays or goes.  I just want to be back to my normal self.  I want to get on with my life.

      As I relaxed, the rainstorm began to intensify.  I welcomed the coming storm.  I might have to cut this short in order to go to dinner.  Zelman asked me out to dinner sometime.  But, I don't know when.  Was that tonight?  Smiling, I pressed the comm badge to find out…