Hello, New Groupie

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2001
      Hello All,
      My name is David Schofield (Dave), and I'm new to this group.
      The email I received said to introduce myself, so here goes.
      I am the Usability Design Departent for my company, Cellomics, Inc.,
      a biotech company in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I actually carry the title
      of "Human Computer Interaction Design Lead", but everyone calls
      me "the GUI guy".
      I have a software development background (17 years), but have been
      divided between data acquisition and real-time control systems and
      their user interfaces, probably because I have an amateur artistic
      background, and was willing to actually use the equipment I was
      developing, which helped me see first-hand the requirements and
      problems of the interfaces I was building.
      Anyway, I became the official full-time designer about 4 months ago,
      and one of the first things I was able to do was attend the
      Portsmouth, NH, usage-centered design seminar with Constantine and
      Lockwood, which I found to be a tremendous resource and help in my
      daily work, particularly in using canonical prototypes for moving
      from task cases to higher fidelity prototypes.
      Some examples of my past work can be found at
      http://www.icubed.com/~control under the Portfolio and Examples
      section.