Re: [usage-centered] Help with use case for a web app.

  • Nuno Nunes
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2000
      on 14/04/00 20:23, Jayant Hardikar at hardikar_jayant@... wrote:

      Hi Jay

      If you're developing a web application and are considering a model based
      approach I would recommend the UML profile for web applications described in
      the recent book from Jim Conallen (Building Web Applications with UML, The
      Addison-Wesley Object Technology Series, Jim Conallen), and available online
      at the Rational site (sorry I don't have the URL at hand).

      But still be advised of the problems of jumping right into concrete models
      as Larry said. That profile has it's merits but should be used, in my
      opinion, after carefully designing a good set of use-cases. Then, I would
      advise using that data to prioritize development, i.e., choose one or two
      (focus) use-cases and refine them using the UML profile.

      Hope it helps

      University of Madeira - Teaching Assistant
      Mathematics Dep. - Computer Science Unit
      phone: +351 91 705160 (direct) 705150 (secretary)
      fax: +351 91 705199
      Address: Campus Universitário da Penteada
      9000 - Funchal - Portugal