[usage-centered] Computer Supported Collaborative Work

  • Michael Fotta
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 1999
      After being out of the CSCW (groupware) area for five years I am
      getting involved in it again. I would like to do some quick "catching
      up" using journals, text and if there is one soon - a
      conference/workshop/seminar. Can anyone point me tt the current best
      resources in this area?

      Thank you,
      Mike Fotta
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
        We have had some interesting experiences lately with trying to do
        disciplined model-driven design in crunch-mode. We are doing the user
        interface design for an Internet startup on a schedule that is nigh unto
        impossible. Our experiences suggest there are some shortcuts that are less
        dangerous than others. We found we could safely simplify a lot of user role
        modeling and skip defining the process narratives ("flow of events") for
        simpler use cases. On the other hand, for UI design, the content navigation
        model (overall UI architecture) was critical and we had to go back to finish
        it up. A complete report is on our Web site
        <http://foruse.com/default.htm#WhatsNew>.

        I'd like to hear about other experiences in taking shortcuts.

        --Larry Constantine <larry@...>

        BTW, Constantine & Lockwood will give members of this eGroup a $100 discount
        on the upcoming usage-centered design training. (Details at
        <http://foruse.com/seminars.htm>) Just mention it when you register.