TiVo is looking for an UI Designer

  • Stacia Ledbetter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 1:27 PM

      Hi there -

      TiVo is networking to find qualified people for a UI Designer role. The job description is listed below.  Use the link to inquire about the job or forward it to a qualified friend.

      Thanks!

      Web UI Designer
      San Jose, CA

      Help us evolve the product that revolutionized Television!

      TiVo's product goal is to create a living room experience that is so easy, everyone in the household will love interacting with it. As we continue to innovate our TV DVR functionality as well as add home networking and mobility features, we need to heed our mantra of "Smart. Simple. Fun. Connected."

      The User Experience department (UI Design, Visual Design & Prototyping, Research, Writing, and Field Trials) works closely with Customer Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams to gather information on our products. We have a collaborative, team-oriented, consensus building approach to design, and believe in taking input and feedback from a wide variety of sources.

      We are looking for an energetic, multi-talented and motivated individual to join the team as a UI Designer for some of our Web and PC products. It is critical for candidates to work well with other teams and to have a strong leadership presence. Candidates must be able to understand the balance of user experience, business case, and time-to-market, and make tradeoffs where appropriate.

      Responsibilities:
      ·      Create and iterate UI designs, and producing detailed, written
      specifications for Engineering
      ·      Work with Graphic Artists/Prototypers to create screen mockups
      and
      functional prototypes of your designs
      ·      Partner with User Research to test and refine your designs
      ·      Plan with Product Management to define feature/product
      requirements

      ·      Work with Engineering to understand architecture and
      development
      issues; and make appropriate design tradeoffs
      ·      Team up with Customer Support to understand issues subscribers
      have
      with the current UI
      Requirements:
      ·      At least two years experience doing user interface design in a
      formal software development environment
      ·      Excellent design skills and a proven track record of designing
      software interfaces, and writing detailed UI/functional specifications
      ·      Big picture design ideas
      ·      Extreme detail orientation, and an obsession for consistency
      ·      Clear, organized writing, communication, and presentation
      skills
      ·      Logical, analytical thinking
      ·      Reasonable understanding of underlying technical issues
      ·      An affinity for television

      Use the following link to inquire about the position or forward it to a friend.

      http://www.jobster.com/view.html?i=ZMLBMYHNLQWX

      We respect your privacy and do not require you to register. Using Jobster, you choose who contacts you and when. To change your privacy settings, follow the link above and choose "contact settings" at the bottom of the page.

      Jobster (c) 2006 All rights reserved.  For more information, visit http://www.jobster.com