Does your group have some intriguing and inspiring HCI-related projects
and ideas you would like to showcase? Write up your "out of the box"
for the newly reformed Organisational Overviews track at CHI2000!
CHI2000 is an ideal venue for you to show off your organisation or
perspective on HCI, including your most innovative ideas and prototypes.
We are currently inviting submissions from groups with a flair for
research; at the CHI2000 Organisation Overviews session you can flaunt
your work, make new connections and attract new collaborators.
So what exactly are Organisation Overviews?
Organizational Overviews are summaries of innovative HCI-related work
taking place in institutions, organizations, or groups. The emphasis of
venue at CHI is to give a broader perspective to the results and
that are the substance of CHI.
Organisation Overviews may describe HCI work:
- in university, corporate, or government research groups or
- in product development or consultancy organizations;
- in different countries or geographical regions;
- in collaborative efforts involving several groups or organizations;
- in partnerships of different types of groups, or groups cooperating
across geographical, political, or cultural boundaries.
Presentation format is flexible; plan one that best suits your work, and
select your best presenters to introduce your work to the HCI community.
We encourage you to talk to us about your ideas for a presentation (or
performance). As a general guideline, we would like to hear about:
- the HCI domains addressed by the work in your organisation
- the focus, themes, major processes, organisational setting, history
future plans in brief
- the people involved (for example you may say something about diversity
- some details of specific, inspiring projects.
- details about any key publications or products
We encourage images, videos and other demonstrations to bring these
alive for audience members.
CHI 2000 will take place in The Hague, The Netherlands. For further
information please visit our web-site http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2000.
All Organisation Overview proposals are due by September 13th 1999, and
will be peer reviewed. Please feel free to contact us if you would like
more information. We can be contacted on the email addresses below.
We hope to hear from you. Best wishes,
Elizabeth Churchill (churchill@...
Birgit Bomsdorf (kne@...
CHI 2000 Organizational Overviews Co-chairs