Re: [usage-centered] FDD Features and Task Cases

  • David J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 13, 2003
      Yes, the term Feature was never completed
      satisfactory.

      Se my post at the FDD community site on "A Feature by
      any other name".

      Features in FDD come after initial analysis. The PD
      Features are definitely understandable by the
      customer. The UI Features are too. Customers
      comprehend a single View object and they understand
      the notion that code must be written to process button
      presses and their like. SI and DM are not understood
      by the customer.

      Hence, I tend to work with Marketing Features - which
      would be your coarse-grained features - and either FDD
      or Coad Features which are the Features as defined in
      FDD for UI, PD, DM and SI.

      The Feature template for PD and the architectural
      partitioning are Peter Coad's contributions to FDD.

      Sadly, there still isn't enough written down about FDD
      in the other layers outside of PD.

      I intend to re-launch uidesign.net in April with
      irregular content. The recent material there will be
      moving to my other site agilemanagement.net.

      David

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 26, 2003
        Please unsubscribe me from this group.

      • Ben Luff
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 27, 2003
          Hi,

          Please could you remove my email from your mailing list?

          Thanks,

          Ben
        • Richard J Watt
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 28, 2003