Re: Welcome Stanley!

  • tonymann
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2002
      > but I have no idea of how to design user interfaces.
      > Or even what makes a good interface vs. a bad one.

      At least you are aware of this! So many user interfaces
      are designed by folks who have no clue about what makes
      a good UI, resulting in mountains of almost unusable
      programs. As Socrates said, understanding the level
      of your ignorance is the best kind of knowledge.

      One of the core tenets of UsageCD is teaching good
      engineers to be good UI designers, allowing them to
      use the logical, stepwise thinking process that
      they use to design great code to also design great
      UIs. So the book, this group, and the web site should
      prove to be a fantastic resource for you.

      ..tony..