Introduction

  • stanley_sutton
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 18, 2002
      I've been programming for a living for around 26 years now. I learned to program 38 years ago in abstract machine language ( no computer to run it on). Most recently (last 10 years or so), I've been doing object oriented programming in C++. The majority of what I've been doing has only had error messages for a user interface, with a few exceptions. What little GUI work I've done has been with Borland, MS VC++, and MS VB. It has all been by following the examples of what I've seen, and hasn't been desingned at all.

      Since I value design very highly in building classes in C++, I was very glad to run across _Software_for_Use_ by Constantine & Lockwood (refered from the Bruce Eckel's site, by the way). Since I have some of Constantine's structured programming books in my library, I ordered it without looking, feeling confident it would be a good reference book, at the very least.

      I'm currently up to chapter 10, and spending as much time reading as I can. I hope there are a few people still reading/using this group, as I believe I'll have a fair number of questions.