Design studies

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2001
      I am often asked about how we solve knotty problems in visual and
      interaction design. We have now started publishing a series of design
      studies that examine in detail the analysis, design, and decision making we
      went through to come up with creative and effective solutions. The first two
      studies, posted on our Web site (http://forUse.com), are based on work we
      did designing a lesson-planning performance-support system for K-12
      classroom teachers. The particular widgets we devised may actually have
      broader appliocation, but the main purpose of these studies was to give an
      inside view of how we attacked and solved the problem. If there is a general
      lesson from our experiences it might be about the power of dogged
      determination and the importance of not being afraid to step outside the
      frame. Hope you like the studies.

      For participants in this e-group who might be interested in training in
      usage-centered design, the discount registration deadline is extended an
      extra week; just cite "usage-centered" when you register
      (http://foruse.com/seminars.htm).

      --Larry Constantine
      Director of Research & Development | Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd.
      58 Kathleen Circle | Rowley, MA 01969
      t: +1 978 948 5012 | f: +1 978 948 5036 | www.foruse.com
    • usage-centered@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2003
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the usage-centered
        group.

        File : /Online dating Review
        Uploaded by : padudozoje3618 <padudozoje3618@...>
        Description : Take the guesswork out of choosing an online dating service

        You can access this file at the URL

        Regards,

        padudozoje3618 <padudozoje3618@...>
      • Ben Luff
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
          Unsubscribe me asap

          > From: usage-centered@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: 5 Dec 2003 05:53:36 -0000
          > To: usage-centered@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [usage-centered] New file uploaded to usage-centered
          >

          > Hello,

          > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the usage-centered
          > group.
          >
          > File : /Online dating Review
          > Uploaded by : padudozoje3618 <padudozoje3618@...>
          > Description : Take the guesswork out of choosing an online dating service
          >
          > You can access this file at the URL

          > Regards,
          >
          > padudozoje3618 <padudozoje3618@...>

        • Sonali