Re: Quaternions -revisited, or invented again? IE: Transmission line mathematics.

  • Herzog
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 5:34 PM
      Quoted: From: Steve Wingate <stevew77@...>
      Subject: Re: Quaternions -revisited, or invented again?

      On 6 Mar 02, at 19:46, Herzog wrote:

      > Herzog says you-all must have never heard of the mathematical concepts of
      > forward and reflected power, used for transmission lines analysis.
      > It's vector math exactly handles waves in opposite directions.

      That is because you are talking about power, not fields.....

      Herzog says you lost me from here on BECAUSE transmissions lines ARE the
      FIELDS between two conductors; not just two wires alone, so they cannot be
      summarily dismissed. And they math truly works with various dielectrics,
      including that vacuum.

      Forward and reflected components are is "Imaginary power" split into
      components to make the math easier to handle, for those of enough not well
      versed in raising something to a negative J, or 90 degree rotation.