Anthrax Among Us.. Correction

  • James P Moore
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 10, 2001
      At 08:29 AM 10/10/2001 -0500, you wrote:

      > >===>>>JSF 10/10/01 Hmmmnnn. Just heard on news tonight, 24 leaders and 1200
      > >men of the Taliban have defected. So much for their Sooper Loyalty, grin
      > >until
      > >death, etc. etc.

      > some
      > >
      > >===>>>JSF 10/10/01 Many decades ago, I recall hearing that in WW III, the
      > >living
      > >will envy the dead. Seemed very level headed. Still does. Since we are
      > >72 ...

      > it was
      > >
      > >===>>>JSF 10/10/01 Talk show host this A.M.: Last case was many decades
      > >ago. Now
      > >two, in same building. Not *likely* to be natural.

      > >===>>>JSF 10/10/01 Also today, read in DISCOVER mag, that once a place is
      > >infected,
      > >the spores can stay in the ground for many *generations*.

      > could
      > of the
      > >
      > >===>>>JSF 10/10/01 YF and I have been reading the Left Behind series,
      > >written by
      > >a minister and a writer, all about their ideas what would happen in our
      > >present
      > >civilization, if the prophesy were to come true. Riveting. Believable.
      > >
      > >Jim Farrer
      >
      >The verdict on the Anthrax is.... it is manmade! It doesn't match anything
      >in the data base,
      >and it could have been mailed from Iowa... is the latest rumor on the
      >subject. Hopefully,

      ****Correction**** The strain seems to match what was produced in a lab in
      Iowa,
      and could have be distributed widely for research purposes... so it could
      have come
      from any of many different locations, I suppose. It may have been produced
      as long
      ago as the '50s. I remember seeing a TV program many years ago, about
      terrorists
      that were attempting to smuggle Anthrax on commercial airlines for
      bio-terrorism.
      This was a long, long, time ago... so the concept has been around as least
      as far
      back as the '70s. Even our military was experimenting with such things
      during the'60s,
      and maybe even during the '50s, so it is a little surprising that it hasn't
      happened sooner.

      >it is not antibiotic resistant. Oh God... I hope that don't have smallpox!!!
      >
      >JPM

    • Michael Riversong
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 13, 2001
        Howdy --

        Been out at a camp for the past couple days, with no media or email at all.
        So have gotten a little behind...

        The most psychotic person i have ever met in my life had to be Larry Harris.
        He spoke at Global Sciences in, i think, 1997 & 98. Global Sciences was a
        local Denver organization which was originally a spinoff of the United
        States Psychotronics Association, and helped to spawn the Tesla Society back
        in 1984. It was the property of one man, Dean Stonier, who just died this
        past August. Dean liked to bring in controversial people who have
        interesting viewpoints.

        Harris was a bacteriological researcher residing in Ohio at that time.
        Somewhere along the line he seems to have gone nuts. His talks were
        basically built around the idea that the US Govt was going to spread Anthrax
        among the US population in order to cut down on excess people. He
        recommended that everyone lay in a supply of vetrinary tetracycline.

        To add drama, he put his 9-year old daughter in a moon suit, and i took a
        few photos of her, as part of my job as conference photographer. I shudder
        to think of anyone like him raising kids.

        Problem with the guy was, he got so obsessed with anthrax that he couldn't
        keep his hands off it. He got busted, i think in 96, for transporting some.
        Of course to his twisted mind that was a setup. Later, in February 99, he
        hit the news again. He had hooked up with a guy he met at Global Sciences
        named Rockwell, who claimed to have inherited all of Royal Rife's equipment.
        He and another guy went to Las Vegas to visit him, and were captured by FBI
        agents. Apparently he had made some kind of deal with Rockwell to provide
        anthrax, and Rockwell turned him in. But then it turned out the anthrax
        strain he was carting around was inert, so technically they couldn't hold him.

        I sure hope that guy is out of circulation somehow.

        At 08:29 AM 10/10/01 -0500, you wrote:

        >The verdict on the Anthrax is.... it is manmade! It doesn't match anything
        >in the data base,
        >and it could have been mailed from Iowa... is the latest rumor on the
        >subject. Hopefully,
        >it is not antibiotic resistant. Oh God... I hope that don't have smallpox!!!
        >
        >JPM

        \
        -- Michael Riversong **
        Professional Harpist, Educator, and Writer **
        RivEdu@... ** Phone: (307)635-0900 FAX (413)691-0399
        http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 14, 2001
          ===>>JSF 10/14/01 Latest I heard was that this strain was _developed_ in Iowa about
          40 or 50 years ago, and has probably been distributed many times since for
          research purposes. The 'present' souce could be about anywhere.
          Jim