A Marine's Views

  • Kent L. Aldershof
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      Folks, this has nothing to do with Tesla or general science. But it does
      seem to be relevant to the broader social issues that some on this list
      apparently enjoy discussing and debating.

      This was passed along by a friend, and I presume the author is the
      retired and wounded veteran that is claimed. Regardless, it is a strong
      and unmistakable position. Some of you may agree, others may disagree.
      Opinions?

      Kent

      This was written by a man who served as a Marine in Vietnam and was
      wounded rather badly. He has a way with words. Pass it on.
      "Cowards... nope! Jacking a jet and driving it into a high-rise at 300
      knots.... no, not cowards. I wouldn't do it. They don't have an air force
      so they used our training and our planes, and with great execution... far
      better than our fiasco in the desert to save the hostages in Iran.
      Although glued to the TV for the last 48 I haven't heard any talking
      heads speak with anger and outrage. They act like it's "Columbine" and we
      have to cope with this "tragedy" with counseling before resuming our
      lives..... My guess is you don't hear that talk from blonde air heads on
      Israeli TV... 'course they have Uzis in their briefcases.... there a
      nation with some cajones.
      This is the picture of America after more than a decade of "sensitivity
      classes"... of "hate speech"... of training males and females together in
      the Army, Air Force and Navy (and thank god NOT in the Marine Corps)...
      of Shannon Faulkner... of A Navy sub captain crying his eyes out on
      national TV after his boat took out a fishing vessel... of the last US
      President having to be taught by aides how to salute because as a draft
      dodger, he never learned... of our TV and motion pictures "heroes" vowing
      to leave the country because an election didn't go their way, then not
      leaving... of having no draft... of modifying escape and evasion training
      at the Air Force Academy because some female threatened a lawsuit (after
      accepting a $750,000 education courtesy of the US taxpayer) because she
      felt "sexually harassed..." of a female, Army Blackhawk pilot who refused
      to fly because it was her kid's "constitutional right" to breast feed,
      AND her Army Blackhawk pilot husband helping bring the lawsuit against
      the Army... of the meandering definition of what "is" is... of career
      military officers getting masters degrees and PhDs out our expense, yet
      have no idea how to "fix bayonets," let alone lead the charge... of
      Hillary Clinton as a role model... of the Air Force disallowing the
      painting of pin-up nose art on the aircraft of men who might just be
      required to fly said craft to their deaths-- all because some lesbian
      from the National Organization of Gals (NAG) threatened a branch of the
      United States Military... of "Bobby Has Two Daddies" and "Lisa Has Two
      Mommies"... of a 15 year-old needing parental permission for a tattoo,
      but not for an abortion... of our tax money being used to pay an "artist"
      to immerse a crucifix in a jar of urine... of American citizens
      complaining about the noise military jets make when flying over their
      house, and going to court to get the target runs changed, and
      succeeding... of a citizenry that cannot distinguish between an admiral
      and a chief petty officer, or between a pilot and a clerk for that
      matter." We don't have John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart...we have Jason
      Priestly and Yanni. We don't have Ernie Pyle and Walter Cronkite... we
      have Peter Jennings.
      In short, we have been feminized. Not in the Maggie Thatcher, or Golda
      Meir kick-your-ass way... but in the whining,
      ACLU-get-in-touch-with-your-feelings, men-are-the-enemies kind of way.
      And thanks to Bill Clinton and his ilk we have an eviscerated combat
      force that is top-heavy with fat ass, butt-boy flag officers, and short
      on NCOs willing, capable, and prepared to skewer Achmed or Habib with a
      bayonet. We will now pay the piper for electing Bill Clinton twice. It
      will be clear when we mount whatever military response we eventually
      choose. Smart bombs and Cruise missiles (if we have any left) fired from
      offshore will only make us look more impotent and less committed. And
      yet, Clinton will still have his defenders despite the fact that because
      of him we cannot defend ourselves in the manner required of the world's
      only superpower. And NOW the same people that voted for this moral and
      physical coward, want our servicemen and women to go in harm's way... and
      pay the price with one arm tied behind their back.
      It's been over three decades since I fired a shot in anger in a war we
      weren't firmly committed to... and yet we were in a far better mind set
      then than we are today. I feel bad for the poor kids that we are going to
      send today to do what has to be done. Thank god curbside check-in has
      been abolished; I'll sleep better tonight.
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • James Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
        > Folks, this has nothing to do with Tesla or general science. But it does
        > seem to be relevant to the broader social issues that some on this list
        > apparently enjoy discussing and debating.
        >
        > This was passed along by a friend, and I presume the author is the
        > retired and wounded veteran that is claimed. Regardless, it is a strong
        > and unmistakable position. Some of you may agree, others may disagree.
        > Opinions?
        >
        > Kent
        <SNIIIPPPP>

        I agree that we will pay dearly for our past 'choices'. The only question
        is ' will we learn? '

        jim