Re: [usa-tesla] Question, can you get electrical power from magnetic tape?

  • Fred Bach
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      kfstevens@... wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Has any one heard of a web site that told about how you could get
      > electrical power from a magnetic tape? The kind used in video tape
      > reels or tape recorders. There was a site about two years back. I
      > don't remember how to find it now.
      >
      > Also I am interested in finding some information on collecting
      > electricity from old record players (static?).
      >
      > Best, Ken

      Ho ho ho. I suppose if you got enough of them, say a
      truckload, you could substitute them for fuel at a
      coal-fired power plant. :-) Being mostly carbon with
      some iron and other metals, they ought to be similar in
      content to coal.

      Ever heard of the law of conservation of mass and energy?

      You might want to lookup the Windhurst generator (I hope I
      spelled that correctly....) It's been around for a century
      or so.

      Cheers,

      .. Fred Bach music@... Opinions are only mine.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        Fred Bach wrote:

        > kfstevens@... wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > Has any one heard of a web site that told about how you could get
        > > electrical power from a magnetic tape? The kind used in video tape
        > > reels or tape recorders. There was a site about two years back. I
        > > don't remember how to find it now.
        > >
        > > Also I am interested in finding some information on collecting
        > > electricity from old record players (static?).
        > >
        > > Best, Ken
        > >

        > Ho ho ho. I suppose if you got enough of them, say a
        > truckload, you could substitute them for fuel at a
        > coal-fired power plant. :-) Being mostly carbon with
        > some iron and other metals, they ought to be similar in
        > content to coal.

        Good suggestion!

        > Ever heard of the law of conservation of mass and energy?

        Apparently almost no one on this list has!
        > You might want to lookup the Windhurst generator (I hope I
        > spelled that correctly....) It's been around for a century
        > or so.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > .. Fred Bach music@... Opinions are only mine.

        That's Wimshurst after James Wimshurts. Been around for about a
        century and a half. Lindsay Publications

        (http://www.keynet.net/~lindsay/)

        has a number of useful books on electrostatic generators. Also, Antonio

        (http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/electrostatic.html)

        has a great deal of information on such machines; I would recommend it
        highly.

        The easiest generator to build is probably a simple Ven de Graaf, and
        you can find many construction references if you will do a Google
        search.

        If you're interested in this general subject try:

        http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/weird.html

        for a lot of science AND nonsense (clearly noted as such). Includes all
        kinds of experiments and construction articles.

        Ed
      • Wallace Edward Brand
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Re: [usa-tesla] Question, can you get electrical power from magnetic tape? on 10/1/01 10:57 AM, Fred Bach at music@... wrote:

          kfstevens@... wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Has any one heard of a web site that told about how you could get
          > electrical power from a magnetic tape?  The kind used in video tape
          > reels or tape recorders.  There was a site about two years back.  I
          > don't remember how to find it now.
          >
          > Also I  am interested in finding some information on collecting
          > electricity from old record players (static?).
          >
          > Best,  Ken

           Ho ho ho.  I suppose if you got enough of them, say a
           truckload, you could substitute them for fuel at a
           coal-fired power plant.  :-)   Being mostly carbon with
           some iron and other metals, they ought to be similar in
           content to coal.

           Ever heard of the law of conservation of mass and energy?

           You might want to lookup the Windhurst generator (I hope I
           spelled that correctly....)  It's been around for a century
           or so.

           Cheers,

           .. Fred Bach  music@...  Opinions are only mine.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
          finalURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=168643.1620686.3168692.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705083235:HM/A=799560/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?overstock3+shopping:dmad/M=168643.1620686.3168692.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705083235:HM/A=799560/R=1/1001948245+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.overstock.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi%3Fcid=12715"; var flashFileURL = "http://java.yahoo.com/a/1-/flash/misc/osyahooswf_0925.swf"; var noFlashImg = "http://java.yahoo.com/a/1-/flash/misc/osyahooalt_0925.gif"; function makeNewWindow(url) { var newWindow = window.open(url); }

          Fred:  I think its "Wimhurst"
        • kfstevens@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
            Hi Ho ho ho,

            Never mind I found it:

            http://users.groovy.gr/~pps/pps.htm#TOP

            Ken

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
              At 06:30 AM 2/10/01, you wrote:
              >Hi Ho ho ho,
              >
              >Never mind I found it:
              >
              >http://users.groovy.gr/~pps/pps.htm#TOP
              >
              >Ken

              My only question is , why hasn't he published any of the emails or replies
              he recieved from his many postings to the various newsgroups ? At a time
              when the newsgroups were fun and an interesting read , he was cross posting
              to 6 or 7 newsgroups <very bad netiquette>. He claims of 40 flames or
              questions about his project from interested people yet shows none of them ,
              I still have archives of various "good" postings I read on newsgroups from
              1995.

              Offering a public demonstration in Greece to a mostly US based audience
              would be pointless , he may well have something useful , even if what he
              has is an inexplicable "parlour trick" , in my experiences , if you keep
              working at or on these "parlour tricks" you will get something useful out
              of them , this guy seems more hung up on "outside evil forces" trying to
              thwart his plans & lack of funds to make his project work , rather than
              using what he has at hand and "hacking" together a prototype that works ,
              he crys foul in a business/commercial area that "inventors" have used for
              years to create coverups & conspiracy theories.
              IMHO if you are going to build/invent something make it _very_ dangerous &
              destructive , there's always a plethora of interested buyers , make
              something that will cripple police cars & ionise the kevlar clad jack
              booted men in black that come along in the middle of the night to take you
              & your inventions away , these sort of inventions will get you somewhere ,
              basicaly because no one can stop you from doing what you are doing ,
              extreme ? possibly , but what other options do you have to say I'm here
              listen to me & actually be listened to ?
              I'd sure as hell take my option (preferably only to the first stage of
              nukeing government vehicles & not their passengers) than put up a
              rhetorical conspiracy WWW page & say "I'm not getting a fair go" , trust me
              you will never get a fair go unless you make the effort to take it.