Inquiry Concerning Hydrocarbon Reduction

  • Michael Riversong
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
      NOTE: The following is the text of a query to the Environmentally Conscious
      Design & Manufacturing list (ECDM). It is possible that some of you may
      have something to contribute to this discussion.

      Fascinating query. From 1984 through 1998, i was a key volunteer for the
      International Tesla Society. This group was dedicated to finding more
      workable technologies, based on lines of research pursued by the inventor
      Nikola Tesla. Most of these technologies have the potential of reducing
      life cycle costs associated with hydrocarbon products. In fact, some
      proposals would have eliminated hydrocarbon products altogether.

      During those 14 years, several technologies were introduced at various
      Symposia conducted by the Society. Here are a few of them, with the names
      of developers in parentheses:

      Power generation using magnetic field interactions (DiPalma, Bedini, Newman)
      Conservation of hydrocarbon fuels by superheating exhaust gases (Pantone)
      Use of presently unknown energy formats to boost the efficiency of
      hydrocarbon fuels (Ward)
      Recycling electrical energy by using resonant circuits (Wiseman)
      Innovative solar energy systems
      Biological energy systems (Merkl, Benza)
      Efficient turbines (LaBine)

      Some of the researchers literally disappeared, probably bought out by
      corporations. It is assumed that these projects are still under development
      but covered by confidentiality agreements. A few projects were obviously
      misguided, and sputtered out. We also encountered some fraudulent developers.

      Most large corporations, in our experience, were not amenable to sponsoring
      further development of these technologies. However, a few companies did
      send personnel to our Symposia and there were certainly a few deals cut in
      back rooms. Some small corporations managed to commercialize their
      projects, with varying degrees of success. From my isolated location near a
      small wilderness in Wyoming, I am trying to stay in contact with those who
      are still in business.

      A consistent theme throughout the duration of the Tesla Society, was immense
      frustration dealing with the current world patent system, which works
      against development and implementation of innovative technologies. All of
      our people reacted in various ways against this problem. Some were
      fanatically secretive. Others encountered tremendous personal difficulties
      related to their work. A few used all this to their advantage in creating
      fraudulent investment vehicles. It was always difficult to sort out the
      frauds from those who were being cautious in their releases.

      The Tesla Society itself was eventually sabotaged by some of its own people.
      It declared bankruptcy in 1998, and its assets were bought by a known
      fraudulent operator. However, several groups and individuals have continued
      the work on their own.

      I have taken the liberty of cross-posting this message to the USA-Tesla
      list, which is a viable discussion group that arose from the ashes of the
      Society. This will also be cross-posted to the SVPVRIL research list.

      Furthermore, I am presently building a small research library in Cheyenne
      which includes a lot of material from Tesla Symposium activities. It is
      hoped that this library will allow researchers, whether acting as
      individuals or on behalf of corporations, to gain benefits from work that
      has been done in the recent past. Further, more detailed inquiries are welcome.

      At 02:50 PM 6/29/00 EST, you wrote:
      >Greetings ECDM List:
      >
      >I have a query relating to hydrocarbon management and finding cost
      >reductions across a corporation that uses large amounts of fuel and related
      >products.
      >
      >My focus/query: "What has been your experience in transferring knowledge,
      >which is aimed at reducing life cycle costs of hydrocarbon products, across
      >a corporation?"
      >
      >It would seem that the key areas that should be targeted are more than
      >procurement/supply, but also transport, maintenance, safety depts,
      >environment teams, and engineering and the various functions within these.
      >
      >I am particularly interested to learn of any experiences between business
      >units within a larger corporation with the corporate function serving as
      >facilitators in the minerals industry.
      >
      >Some questions relating my focus/query:
      >
      >- Any key learnings such as what you found to be the most effective medium
      >for knowledge transfer i.e. an e-newsletter?
      >-A paper newsletter?
      >-Finding opinion leaders and keeping in contact with them using thier
      >preferred communication style?
      >-A mix of approaches?
      >-How did you get effective buy-in into the exchange of information and what
      >kept the technology transfer "alive"?
      >-What would you do differently?
      >-Any cross cultural learnings worth mentioning?
      >-What may be some of the implications for a mining company???
      >
      >I look forward to your responses.
      >
      >Kind regards,
      >
      >Turlough

      >TURLOUGH F. GUERIN PhD
      >
      >ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISER
      >
      >5e Hancock Garden Estate
      >5-15 William St. Botany,
      >Sydney, New South Wales 2019
      >
      >AUSTRALIA
      >
      >Phone +61-2-9666 8570
      >Email: turloughg@... or turlough.guerin@...

      -- Michael Riversong **
      Professional Harpist, Educator, and Writer **
      RivEdu@... ** Phone: (307)635-0900
      http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong
    • James Paul Moore
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2000
        by Trushar Barot

        The rectangular stone ziggurat under the sea off the coast of Japan
        could be the first evidence of a previously unknown Stone Age
        civilisation, say archeologists.

        The monument is 600ft wide and 90ft high and has been dated to at
        least 8000BC. The oldest pyramid in Egypt, the Step Pyramid at Saqqara,
        was constructed more than 5,000 years later.

        The structure off Yonaguni, a small island southwest of Okinawa, was
        first discovered 75ft underwater by scuba divers 10 years ago and locals
        believed it was a natural phenomenon.

        Professor Masaki Kimura, a geologist at Ryukyu University in Okinawa,
        was the first scientist to investigate the site and has concluded that
        the mysterious five-layer structure was man-made.

        "The object has not been manufactured by nature. If that had been the
        case, one would expect debris from erosion to have collected around the
        site, but there are no rock fragments there," he said.
        Could this be part of thr fabled Atlantis?

        Further details at this URL....

        http://www.eagle-net.org/phikent/japan/japan2.html

        JPM
      • James Paul Moore
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
          LONDON (Reuters) - Ben Eastlund is not a comic-book
          superhero but he does believe he can emulate Superman by
          stopping tornadoes in their tracks, using microwave
          radiation.

          Eastlund, an expert on electromagnetism who headed nuclear fusion
          research for the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission in the early 1970s,
          told the New Scientist magazine he was inspired by 1980s plans for
          a Star Wars-style missile shield.
          *************

          Eastlund has an interesting background and last name... wonder if
          he is related to the Eastlund that invented the prototype for HAARP?
          That was Bernard, if I remember right. Check this URL for details.

          http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000810/sc/tornadoes_dc_2.html

          Wonder if Tesla ever thought of this, like he probably did something
          similar to the HAARP military project? If it works... someone will
          try to bend the technology into a weapon of some sort, probably.

          JPM

          At 02:01 PM 7/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
          >by Trushar Barot
          >
          >The rectangular stone ziggurat under the sea off the coast of Japan
          >could be the first evidence of a previously unknown Stone Age
          >civilisation, say archeologists.
          >
          >The monument is 600ft wide and 90ft high and has been dated to at
          >least 8000BC. The oldest pyramid in Egypt, the Step Pyramid at Saqqara,
          >was constructed more than 5,000 years later.
          >
          >The structure off Yonaguni, a small island southwest of Okinawa, was
          >first discovered 75ft underwater by scuba divers 10 years ago and locals
          >believed it was a natural phenomenon.
          >
          >Professor Masaki Kimura, a geologist at Ryukyu University in Okinawa,
          >was the first scientist to investigate the site and has concluded that
          >the mysterious five-layer structure was man-made.
          >
          >"The object has not been manufactured by nature. If that had been the
          >case, one would expect debris from erosion to have collected around the
          >site, but there are no rock fragments there," he said.
          >Could this be part of thr fabled Atlantis?
          >
          >Further details at this URL....
          >
          >http://www.eagle-net.org/phikent/japan/japan2.html
          >
          >JPM

          >Get 6 months of FREE* MSN Internet access!

        • James Paul Moore
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
            At 07:25 PM 8/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:
            >LONDON (Reuters) - Ben Eastlund is not a comic-book
            > superhero but he does believe he can emulate Superman by
            > stopping tornadoes in their tracks, using microwave
            > radiation.
            >
            >Eastlund, an expert on electromagnetism who headed nuclear fusion
            >research for the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission in the early 1970s,
            >told the New Scientist magazine he was inspired by 1980s plans for
            >a Star Wars-style missile shield.
            >*************
            >
            >Eastlund has an interesting background and last name... wonder if
            >he is related to the Eastlund that invented the prototype for HAARP?
            >That was Bernard, if I remember right. Check this URL for details.
            >
            >http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000810/sc/tornadoes_dc_2.html
            >
            >Wonder if Tesla ever thought of this, like he probably did something
            >similar to the HAARP military project? If it works... someone will
            >try to bend the technology into a weapon of some sort, probably.
            >
            >JPM

            How stupid of me... daaaa... must still have Jet Lag? The above post
            concerning Eastlund, indeed refers to the one and only HAARPmeister!!!

            JPM
          • James Paul Moore
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
              Some is some crap and some good info at this site, for those
              with an open mind on the subject of UFOs, and alien visitors.
              The Iran report was interesting in particular to me, considering
              the time at which it occurred, and the info in this released
              document, has confirmed much of what I have already heard from
              an Iranian soldier, that was an eye witness, and told to forget
              it.

              They fired several ground and air missiles at it, and they
              were deflected with ease. Sounds like some technology that we
              could put to good use, in the proposed new antimissile system?
              Take a few minutes to read that one, if you have PDF capability.
              Some of the previously secret documents are mostly blacked out,
              which is not worth reading, but the Joint Chiefs of Staff Report
              on the Iranian affair, is remarkably intact.

              http://nsa.gov/docs/efoia/released/ufo/ufo17.pdf

              JPM
            • James Paul Moore
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000
                This is just a test to see if I am getting list posts... thanks.