Re: [usa-tesla] "Detecting Massive Neutrinos"

  • Michael Riversong
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2000
      This stimulates a speculation -- perhaps there are several distinctly
      different phenomena that are all perceived as light by humans, but are
      actually each of unique origin.

      So, one type would be "photonic" light, which is generated by photons
      impacting on a medium. This type of light is also part of the
      electromagnetic spectrum.

      Cerenkov light, coming from some kind of neutrino emission, is another.

      A few years ago, Michael Theroux did some documentation on a type of light
      that sometimes precedes earthquakes, and apparently results from a
      longitudinal wave form created by tension in rock layers.

      Positrons might generate another kind of non-photonic light under certain
      conditions.

      And of course i have to wonder if the light generated from as yet
      hypothetical collisions of matter and antimatter would also be non-photonic.

      When considering this pure speculation, keep in mind that human perceptual
      systems are specifically designed to filter out most energy patterns in the
      environment.

      At 11:45 AM 5/2/00 -0500, you wrote:

      >Thanks Jim... very interesting. Flashes of blue "Cherenkov" light
      >are valuable tools in medical research, and other scientific fields.
      >They are usually detected in scintillation counter machines, and
      >are a valuable method to determine quantity of biological samples
      >that have been labeled with beta particle emitting radio isotopes.
      >I wonder what type of particle that the neutrino impact creates,
      >that would lead to the evolution of "Cherenkov" light?
      >
      >JPM

      -- Michael Riversong **
      Professional Harpist, Educator, and Writer **
      RivEdu@... ** Phone: (720)898-9314
      http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong