Invisible re-formatting by the Emailer software

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2000
      I tried out an idea which worked well, from MY standpoint. Please
      tell me if it gets loused up at your end.

      In the TSTORM email I just sent, I set the margins way out to 70.
      When generating this email, I noticed a little blue marker at top
      of page at column 70. The software *allows* me to type out past col
      70, but IF I DO SO, the message looks good to me, but when it is sent
      each line is truncated at the 70 margin that I set.

      So I truncated each line with a carrier return before the blue marker,
      and all
      works well. ===>> The first line of this paragraph (as typed)
      extended
      out to "... blue marker, and all," but I'll bet the emailer chops
      it off after the word 'marker' WHEN I HIT THE SEND KEY. My original
      is not changed, so the re-formatting is invisible to me.

      Fred Bach: Does this margin 0f 70 work OK on email reception for
      you? Do I need to go down to 65? 60?

      The new rule I'll use, is *use care* when typing. Don't
      wait for the automatic return the emailer causes. BEFORE the
      data gets out to the blue marker, hit the return key. This
      should work for those using Netscape's emailer.

      Jim Farrer