Selenium Rectifier (continiued)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2000
      Althoug my problem is not totally solved , a huge step in the right
      direction was taken yesterday when i purchased an olde book called "Audels
      Radiomans Guide" published in India ! circa 1966 (still older than me :))

      In a word this book "rox", never have I read a more practicle,informative &
      interesting "technical" manual , anyone who needs a good reference book or
      just needs some quality info on the basics of how everything works , should
      have one of these.Best $8.50 I spent in a long time.

      It has a section on selenium rectifiers , how they are made how thay work
      and what there applications are, I should be able to reverse engineer my
      2nd mystery box quite easily now.

      Also in the back of the book they have several "Nomographs" <ohms law ,
      parallel resistance & reactance> the reactance chart seems very handy for
      calculating the values of Inductance Reactance Capacitance & Frequency ,
      range of 1 cps to 1000 Mcps ,I have never seen these graphs in any modern
      publications , this is not the first time I have found something "new" in
      the back of an old book.....it's almost like "they" are trying to keep
      knowledge from me.
      A quick cross reference with this "new" textbook and some of the "old"
      Tesla notes I have , has already filled in a few gaps in my understanding
      of how things _really_ work & as usual raised a few problems that I can nut
      out in the lab.....

      It almost makes me want to get a slide rule and learn how to use it.
      How many other secrets are being kept from me ?
      New text books suck , grab the old ones they have more information in
      them.I shudder to think what would have happened if I was given this book
      at age 13 when I was first getting into CB radio....
      More importantly is their an equivalent "mentality" syle textbook that
      covers Chemistry ?

      JB
      Looking at the Past , to See the Future.