Re: [usa-tesla] Rectifier Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
      At 10:06 AM 7/04/00 , Jim Farrer wrote:
      >Dear Jet,
      >You wrote of your glomination ("glommed onto" in U.S dollers) of
      >a mystery box.
      >I believe what you are describing here is a new mystery box.
      >======>> I'm including your first mystery box memo at the end of
      >this email.<<===
      >
      >I can't make any guesses on the current box. Does it have
      >components
      >other than the switch, variable resistor, and selenium plate
      >rectifier?

      I'm guessing that the variable resistor has values other than "ohms" , but
      thats all there is to it , I took some photo's of it yesterday they should
      be developed within a week or so.
      I will be acquiring a cheap & nasty (read expendable but reasonably
      accurate) multi meter from www.jaycar.com.au cat number QM1490 or similar
      that should help me measure out simple (non HV) capactiance & inductance in
      the things I find or am trying to figure out.

      As far as the first mystery box goes it is a confirmed analog RF signal
      generator , freq range of
      (outer scale) 10Hz to 90 Hz
      C 20M Hz to 6M Hz
      B 1500K Hz to 500K Hz
      A 520K Hz to 400K Hz

      The C , B , A freq ranges are actually marked as "mc" & "kc" , which I take
      were Mega & Kilo Cycles at the time of construction RF1 jpg

      RF2 jpg is an underside view of the box , the paint tin I refer to is
      actually a cream can , mounted behind the front switch marked 1 to 6 , you
      may have to mess with the brightness or contrast to get some of the finer
      details from the pic , there is not a printed circut board to be seen in it.

      >Why is it that this stuff is more interesting than my federal
      >Income Tax?

      Because the idea of combining valves/analog switching with
      semiconductor/digital switching is almost as creative as filling out your
      taxes ?

      JB

      <snip initial syntron/rectifier post>