Re: test, ignore...is the list still up?

  • Wallace E. Brand
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 1999
      I will try. It is a characteristic of a conductor of limited dimensions
      that a wave will travel to the end of the conductor and be reflected back.
      If there are successive waves and they are timed right with respect to the
      dimensions of the conductor, the reflected traveling energy of a wave will
      be canceled by the new wave and added to it. This forms standing waves.
      This can be illustrated very nicely by waves in a rope hanging from a tall
      building. It is the same for electrical waves. Since lightning set up
      such standing waves in the earth, Tesla concluded that the earth had,
      under some circumstances, the characteristics of a conductor of limited
      dimensions. Since the earth acted as a conducting medium, Tesla thought
      that with the proper generator, he could transmit energy without wires.
      Wallace Edward Brand

      Frank A. Jur wrote:

      > From: "Frank A. Jur" <" jur"@...>
      >
      > Frank Van der Auwera wrote:
      > >
      > > From: Frank Van der Auwera <fvdauwer@...>
      > >
      > > The list surely looks inactive....
      > >

      > Probably only because everyone is waiting for someone else to be the
      > first. You'll probably see more now. (By the way, I'm not the list
      > owner.)
      >
      > Well, let me start.
      >
      > I'm a former electrical engineer and an American who now lives in
      > eastern Russia. Here I work as an English teacher.
      >
      > What got me interested in this list is not necessarily the work of Tesla
      > that went on to be the foundation of high voltage engineering, but his
      > idea of "free energy and communication for the masses." Apparently his
      > lightning tower experiment at his Colorado labratory showed him that
      > this was possible. But no one has been able to tell me why a chain of
      > successive lightning strikes convinced him of his "free energy" theory.
      > Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on this?
      >
      > Frank

    • Robert Volk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 1999

        > From: "David W. Gordon" <videoman@...>
        >
        > I just signed up for this list.
        >
        > I just bought a video on Tesla. Just got it today. I will let you know what I
        > find.
        >
        > in Light,
        >
        > David

        Let us know about the video. I would definitely be interested.

        Bob V