Tesla promises free solar-powered travel with new ‘Supercharger’ tech

  • ROGER ANDERTON
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 27, 2012
      Tesla promises free solar-powered travel with new ‘Supercharger’ tech

      Electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors announced Monday that it will roll out a network of solar-powered charging stations across the United States over the next two years, enabling owners of the company’s all-electric “Model S” vehicles to “travel for free, forever, on pure sunlight.”

      http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/25/tesla-promises-free-solar-powered-travel-with-new-supercharger-tech/

      Well they stopped Tesla giving free energy last time; presumably they will do the same again?

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
        Solar power is very not free. To power a Tesla, driving to work and back every day, takes most of an acre of solar panels, and some way to store roughly a months energy over winter (in most places anyway, more if you live in Alaska). This is very expensive in several different ways.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
          1. We knew that we could not exceed C long before Einstein. His theory put all that into a framework so we could see why we could not get superluminal electrons no matter how high the voltage we used to drive them.
          2. There is not such thing as an Einsteinian. You are making that up. You do not have to be a Teslonian(?) to "believe" in the synchronous AC motor. You just use the design because it works. Most scientists use the SRT, GRT, etc., without bothering to question them after the first few years of intense questioning and finding the theory actually does answer correctly. Too bad too. Warp drive would be lots of fun.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
            Fred:

                You are committing a serious error by treating Tesla as if he were an ordinary human being.  If you would simply accept him as a deity, 'greater than the greatest of the Greek Gods' as O'Neill phrased it, you would have an entirely different perspective on his life and his works and be prepared to accept anything attributed to him, no matter how ridiculous it might seem.  Just remember that 'TESLA IS GOD!'.

             Ed

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
              1. read article - says warp drive can be  faster than c

              2. I have met people who claim to Einsteinians. The otherw ord you are looking for is "Teslian"

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
                especially significant is lightning from Tesla's hands, like Zeus.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 28, 2012
                  Read the article - they are promising to do it for free at the moment. Later they will probably not.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 29, 2012
                    Even with free charging, there are quite a few problems to overcome.  Such as initial cost around $70,000, definitely not a car for the masses.  Also, planning your trip in 50 to 100 mile increments and then maybe waiting in line for your charge at one of the not yet existing stations.

                    Plus, this company has had a lot of startup delays.  They got a government loan which they have had to delay payback. Currently plannning to sell more stock to pay for the car and this vast network they are planning.

                    To: usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com
                    From: R.J.Anderton@...
                    Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:37:40 +0100