Re: TESLA MOTORS ABOUT TO GO BANKRUPT!

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 29, 2008
      If companies operated in a truly free market, the perverse incentives for quantity over
      qualify would dissipate.

      -- In usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com, "Don Gibbs" <dongibbs@...> wrote:

      > Hi Michael,
      >
      > I strongly agree with your comment about letting some of these companies get so large
      we can't do without them. Maybe some of Teddy Roosevelt's "Trust Busting" is in order
      here.

      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Don Gibbs

      request for specific citations on Cossacks. Information about them is widely available.

      > Cossacks were sometimes used by the Russian government, especially against Jews.
      Then sometimes, when there wasn't enough to do, they would go off on their own and
      pillage small towns. That's the danger inherent in any government cultivating a part-time,
      extra-legal force unit. There were several cycles of interactions between mainstream
      Russia and the Cossacks. You are correct in that Stalin put the final death blow to this
      group -- one of his few socially positive achievements.

      > We had a comparable group in this country in the 1800s, but fortunately our
      government did not make much use of them.

      > As for bailouts, i'm reasonably certain that the US government is making a mistake in
      bailing out some of these banks and insurance companies. Actually part of the problem is
      letting them get so critically large in the first place, especially in the case of AIG. Antitrust
      laws were put in place to protect us from these types of events. Several of these
      companies should be investigated in terms of possible charter revocation.

    • davep@quik.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 1, 2009
        > If companies operated in a truly free market, the perverse incentives for
        > quantity over qualify would dissipate.
        8)>>

        perhaps the world is better served by many cheapbutfunctional
        cars (or cellphones or...) than by a few unaffordable
        Rolls-Kinardlys?

        perhaps 'quality' has other dimensions than cost...

        best
        dwp