re: [usa-tesla] Tesla in Canada

  • Roger Anderton
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2007

      According to Arthur Mathews, Tesla demonstrated the wireless
      transmission of electrical energy around the early 1930s. The
      transmitter was assembled in early Spring at a large camp in the woods
      near Lac Edouard, about 10 miles from Sanford, Quebec, Canada. The
      expedition members included Nikola Tesla, Arthur Mathews, Major Henry
      Sanford of New York City (owner of the camp) and Mrs. Stanford, Ms. Kidd
      ("a trained nurse"), and "twelve Indian guides" headed up by Gro Louis.
      It started out from the city of Quebec at the old Lake Saint John (Lac
      Saint-Jean) railway station on "a private train consisting of two
      coaches and a baggage car loaded with electrical equipment.""

      I've read all that stuff many times before. Still doesn't answer
      the question as to whether it's fact or fiction or if there's any proof
      of it anywhere. As is typical with stuff it has lots of detail to add
      APPARENTt authenticity but that's standard procedure for phoney baloney
      too so how can anyone prove it? Look at the many completely
      contradictory descriptions of the "Tesla automobile" for good examples -
      most have lots of [obviously fictional] details. Just because someone
      printed it in a book or has it at a web site proves absolutely nothing.

      Ed

    • Bert Hickman
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2007
        Roger Anderton wrote:

        > According to Arthur Mathews, Tesla demonstrated the wireless
        > transmission of electrical energy around the early 1930s. The
        > transmitter was assembled in early Spring at a large camp in the woods
        > near Lac Edouard, about 10 miles from Sanford, Quebec, Canada. The
        > expedition members included Nikola Tesla, Arthur Mathews, Major Henry
        > Sanford of New York City (owner of the camp) and Mrs. Stanford, Ms. Kidd
        > ("a trained nurse"), and "twelve Indian guides" headed up by Gro Louis.
        > It started out from the city of Quebec at the old Lake Saint John (Lac
        > Saint-Jean) railway station on "a private train consisting of two
        > coaches and a baggage car loaded with electrical equipment.""
        >
        > I've read all that stuff many times before. Still doesn't answer
        > the question as to whether it's fact or fiction or if there's any proof
        > of it anywhere. As is typical with stuff it has lots of detail to add
        > APPARENTt authenticity but that's standard procedure for phoney baloney
        > too so how can anyone prove it? Look at the many completely
        > contradictory descriptions of the "Tesla automobile" for good examples -
        > most have lots of [obviously fictional] details. Just because someone
        > printed it in a book or has it at a web site proves absolutely nothing.
        >
        > Ed

        This the same Arthur Matthews who gave us the 1969 classic, "Wall of
        Light: Nikola Tesla and the Venusian Space Ship, the X-12". In this
        book, Matthews reveals that Tesla is actually not a human but instead is
        a Venusian. Matthews not only flies with the Venusians in their flying
        saucer to Venus and Mars, he also travels through time with them. During
        one such trip into the future, Matthews reports that a third world war
        has destroyed much of our world between 1971 and 1978. 'Nuf said...

        Bert
        --
        *** /\ ******************************************************
        __ _\/_ __ We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk using
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2007
          "a third world war has destroyed much of our world between 1971 and 1978."
          Actually didn't we have a third world war from about the mid 50s to 91? And you could say it did destroy much of the world, for much was wasted so a great scientific and cultural revolution stalled on weapons research and fear of letting a soviet ally get a break. Depends, I guess, on whether you look at it as destruction when the great future you had planned is sunk by a fight with the next door neighbor.
        • Roger Anderton
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2007

            Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 12:36 PM
            Subject: Re: [usa-tesla] Tesla in Canada

            Roger Anderton wrote:

            > According to Arthur Mathews, Tesla demonstrated the wireless
            > transmission of electrical energy around the early 1930s. The
            > transmitter was assembled in early Spring at a large camp in the woods
            > near Lac Edouard, about 10 miles from Sanford, Quebec, Canada. The
            > expedition members included Nikola Tesla, Arthur Mathews, Major Henry
            > Sanford of New York City (owner of the camp) and Mrs. Stanford, Ms. Kidd
            > ("a trained nurse"), and "twelve Indian guides" headed up by Gro Louis.
            > It started out from the city of Quebec at the old Lake Saint John (Lac
            > Saint-Jean) railway station on "a private train consisting of two
            > coaches and a baggage car loaded with electrical equipment.""
            >
            > I've read all that stuff many times before. Still doesn't answer
            > the question as to whether it's fact or fiction or if there's any proof
            > of it anywhere. As is typical with stuff it has lots of detail to add
            > APPARENTt authenticity but that's standard procedure for phoney baloney
            > too so how can anyone prove it? Look at the many completely
            > contradictory descriptions of the "Tesla automobile" for good examples -
            > most have lots of [obviously fictional] details. Just because someone
            > printed it in a book or has it at a web site proves absolutely nothing.
            >
            > Ed

            This the same Arthur Matthews who gave us the 1969 classic, "Wall of
            Light: Nikola Tesla and the Venusian Space Ship, the X-12". In this
            book, Matthews reveals that Tesla is actually not a human but instead is
            a Venusian. Matthews not only flies with the Venusians in their flying
            saucer to Venus and Mars, he also travels through time with them. During
            one such trip into the future, Matthews reports that a third world war
            has destroyed much of our world between 1971 and 1978. 'Nuf said...

            Bert
            --

            Well since he claimed radio contact with aliens, if they were in the neighbourhood then he could have hitched a ride a la Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy. And time travel involves parallel universes (?) One extraordinary claim can easily lead to another. Taking the first extraordinary claim to be that of radio contact with aliens; is that too hard to believe?

            Roger

            .

          • fleubis
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 19, 2007
              Matthews has about as much truth as George W. Bush. Just an intriguing
              SF writer.

              J.