Tesla and van de Graaff Re: [usa-tesla] Tesla Article

  • Dave Pierson
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 12, 2007
      >The article name is "Possibilities of Electro-Static Generators by
      >Nikola Tesla, 1934"

      >> > The reason I brought in the VDG Generator was because there is
      >>>talk that Tesla used them in the plant at Wardenclyffe. People think
      >> > that we [?] did not contribute much to VDG but he actually has a
      >>>good article from the mid 20s
      ??
      Mid 30s?
      AFTER van de Graaff demo'ed.

      >>> giving some pointers on how to tune them better to make them more efficient.

      >> Interesting - which article is that?

      >> Tesla did propose an electrostatic particle beam weapon that would
      >>use 60 million volt generator to create a powerful electrical field
      >>that would strongly repel similarly charged particles in a directed
      >> pencil-like beam - but this was not until 1934. Robert Van de
      >>Graaff demonstrated the first model of his VDG generator five years
      >>earlier (1929), a full 12 years AFTER Wardenclyffe tower was demolished.

      There are a couple of items tattling around my memories of TeslaCons past:
      There was speculation that the 'X-Ray tubes' associated with Wardenclyffe
      were looked at as prototypes for HV rectifiers, sort of.

      More to the point, a researcher, disrecall which, struck me as
      plausible had the van de Graaff/Tesla timeline as, roughly:
      van de Graaff proposal/demo(?)
      _initial_ Tesla Comment: Not gonna work well (my paraphrase)
      more or less successful van de Graaf demo
      Thoughtful, said to be accurate, comments from Tesla, indicating
      acceptance, and comprehension, AND USEFUL SUGGESTIONS on
      van de Graaff design.
      Wish i had proper cites for each step in sequence. Likely in
      one of the later Tesla Con proceedings?

      best
      dwp
    • packedbyalexis
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 15, 2007
        hi,

        Crossword puzzle might be a good idea to educate people about his
        accomplishments without them knowing that their brain is being
        condition tobecoem friendly toward Tesla.
        :)
        Jay

        --- In usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Pierson" <davep@...> wrote:

        > > Jeff Behari has a copy of a letter from Edison in the
        archives on
        > >his web site which refers someone with questions about X-Rays to
        Tesla,
        > >saying in effect "he's the expert" and adding further
        complementary
        > >remarks. Can't remember the date but it was before 1900.
        Certainly