Tesla Article

  • packedbyalexis
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 12, 2007
      Hi Bert,

      Tesla acutally talked about using electrical energy and building a
      flying machine as early as 1898 and 1899 but he didn't know how to
      go about doing it. I have read articles that say the information is
      accurate, it came from the early 1900s. I was told once by a good
      friend that if you want to know the "REAL" Tesla then you have to
      read the early stuff from 1900, anything that came later was just
      based on his early discoveries from late 1800s and early 1900s.

      The article name is "Possibilities of Electro-Static Generators by
      Nikola Tesla, 1934"

      Jay

      --- In usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com, Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@...>
      wrote:

      > packedbyalexis wrote:
      > > Thank you Bert,
      > >
      > > Today I learned more than by just visiting the 10ths of pages
      about
      > > the subject. I am actually very respectful of electricity and I
      > > dont think I'm qualified yet to build a big Tesla coil, when I
      do I
      > > will try to build a desktop mounth propably one capapble of
      > > producing 10inch sparks of so, just powerful enough to do
      > > experiments with it.
      > >
      > > The reason I brough in the VDG Generator was because there is
      talk
      > > that Tesla used them in the plant at Wardenclyffe. People think
      > > that we did not contribuite much to VDG but he actually has a
      good
      > > article from the mid 20s giving some pointers on how to tunned
      them
      > > better to make them more efficient.
      >
      > Interesting - which article is that?
      >
      > Tesla did propose an electrostatic particle beam weapon that would
      use
      > 60 million volt generator to create a powerful electrical field
      that
      > would strongly repel similarly charged particles in a directed
      > pencil-like beam - but this was not until 1934. Robert Van de
      Graaff
      > demonstrated the first model of his VDG generator five years
      earlier
      > (1929), a full 12 years AFTER Wardenclyffe tower was demolished.
      >
      > Bert
      > --
      > We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
      > magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured
      > Lightning") and out of print technical Books. Visit
      > Stoneridge Engineering at http://www.teslamania.com

    • packedbyalexis
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 15, 2007
        hi,

        Crossword puzzle might be a good idea to educate people about his
        accomplishments without them knowing that their brain is being
        condition tobecoem friendly toward Tesla.
        :)
        Jay

        --- In usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Pierson" <davep@...> wrote:

        > > Jeff Behari has a copy of a letter from Edison in the
        archives on
        > >his web site which refers someone with questions about X-Rays to
        Tesla,
        > >saying in effect "he's the expert" and adding further
        complementary
        > >remarks. Can't remember the date but it was before 1900.
        Certainly