Re: [usa-tesla] tesla tower grounding ?!

    Message 1 of 52 , Oct 18, 2007
      It is my understanding that there were 16 tar lined underground "lakes"
      filled with salt water under the tower. This info taken from the book
      "Wizard". I suspect the lakes would act as capacitors for the bottom
      charge. According to other info from the same book. There were four
      capacitors for the torrid, that measured one meter, by one meter, by two
      meters.
      An electrolytic capacitor the size of your hand will hold a couple of
      million micro farad.
      Paul"

      Exactly where [page and paragraph] in Wizard does this information
      appear? What edition do you have? There is a vague [but only vague]
      resemblence to the description on page 291 of my edition but it doesn't
      agree in any way whatever with any of the statements above.

      As for the last sentence, I suggest you do some research on
      electrolytic capacitors, their voltage ratings, frequencies of
      operation, losses, etc.

      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 19, 2007
        At 07:19 AM 10/19/2007 -0400, you wrote:
        >Miscellaneous speculation:
        > Has anyone actually been in, or seen, the tunnels?

        The author of Wizard claims to have visited them in 1984 ,
        despite the shaft being capped with cement debris shortly
        after the tower was demolished for safety reasons.

        Edwin J Binney also claimed to have been in them as a boy ,
        the only reference to Edwin Binney I found was that he & another
        bloke invented Crayons in 1903 , child prodigy or typo ??
        Edward Binney also gets credit for crayons in 1903.....

        Reference:page 515 Ch33 footnotes 21 & 22 in The Wizard

        > Where i grew up, for reasons irrelevant here, there were rumours of
        > tunnels connecting parsonage to church.

        Just as irrelevant , there are still many underground tunnels in the
        historical suburb of Sydney called The Rocks. It was a smugglers
        haven in the early colonial days here right next to the harbour
        away from the main shipping port & the sandstone ground made for
        easy digging.

        > > ...copper sulfate...
        > 'salting' (various salts) the ground was (is?) standard technique.

        The only "chemicals" mentioned in the Wizard book seem to be liquid
        nitrogen.

        > >'18 foot pipes in 10 by 12 shafts..'
        > Won't even go diagonally. 8)>>
        > On the other hand:
        > jointed rods are used, even now, for ground rods. Hammer in a 6 foot
        > section, add another, then another..
        > Same way oil drillers build up 'drill strings'.

        I still suspect that a "stock length" of Iron pipe back in
        the early 1900's was around 18 feet long , threading or
        press sleeving them together would be possible joining
        options I suppose
        Tesla was supposedly experimenting with extremely high
        pressure water jets that could slice thru steel at Wardenclyffe
        , provided he had a working tesla turbine/pump at the base of
        the shaft to remove all the mud & water , he _could_ have used
        the HP water jet device (if it existed) to cut thru the steel plates
        of the shaft walls , then continue to bore horizontal tunnels in the
        ground with the same HP water blasting equipment.There's a lot of
        "if's , maybe's etc etc in this "theory" , I will deny any association
        to this out on a limb theory if pressed.

        Stanford White built the Lab at Wardenclyffe , but it seems that he
        handed off , the design & construction etc of the actual Tower part
        of the facility to W.D. Crow & Tesla himself. I have not read or seen
        much information on Mr Crow , he seems to have kept a much lower
        public profile than Stanford did.
        So if you are looking for a straight version of the tower construction etc
        Mr Crow is the prime suspect to research & find whatever he or other people
        have managed to put down on paper about what he was doing back then , the
        mystery 3rd player at Wardenclyffe.

        http://countryiworld.com/wiki-Wardenclyffe_Tower

        http://countryiworld.com/wiki-Stanford_White
        Stanford is often said to have been friends with Tesla by many biographers.
        Stanford White lead an interesting , complex & short public life.
        Getting quality information about the life & times of Stanford White
        is difficult , there seems to be at least 3 sides to every story told about
        him.

        > best
        > dwp

        right back at ya :)