Cool Video Showing Acoustic Phonon Patterns (it is Free Ed)

  • James Moore
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007
      Turn your sound on the PC down when you view this video.  I found it very interesting... all these
      complex standing wave patterns of resonance around us that we can't see. Check it out when you can.

      http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1572438

      Also, I watched the Jim Murray presentation at the link provided by someone, and enjoyed it.
      I watched the rather crude video at a previous link provided, and the man has done some
      quite interesting research and has been associated with some controversial folks, for sure.
      I found some of the presentation to be quite interesting, and other parts so-so, and the pics
      were bad, so couldn't tell much there but part of it was the video camera seemed to have no
      operator, and the conversion into a streaming file probably lost a lot of resolution also. However,
      at the very end of the lecture when he was answering questions... you actually got to seem him
      and the picture at that point was much better with the lights on, etc. It was worth watching for free.

      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6761827664845630969&hl=en

      jpm

      At 04:32 PM 8/31/07 -0700, you wrote:

      Jim Murray did an excellent presentation at the recent 2007 ExtraOrdinary
      Technology conference. I highly recommend you get his DVD from
      TeslaTech. www.teslatech.

      info I was ill during his presentation and
      didn't get to see it. But there was a lot of good feedback from people who
      did. In conversing with him, i got a definite sense that he's on the
      level, and has done his homework."

      If he made the statement about the IEEE which has been attributed he
      HAS to be a dishonest liar. If he didn't make the statement all bets
      are off. I have no idea what was in his presentation and not inclined
      to pay any money to find out. If he's "done his homework" and has
      something noteworthy and doesn't care to make public and submit to
      critical review that's his business. He won't get much recognition
      until he does.

      Ed

      "Each day is a new life. Seize it. Live it."
                   --David Guy Powers--

    • Michael Riversong
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 7, 2007
        Let's keep in mind that IEEE has done a lot to further Tesla
        research. They were in fact a co-sponsor of the early Tesla Symposium
        events in the 80s, and some of the board members of the International Tesla
        Society were IEEE members.

        IEEE has always included a healthy mix of people who were interested in
        Tesla, and those who were skeptical about his research lines -- somewhat
        the way this list is now.