Re: [usa-tesla] chas campbell and tesla Fwd: Wheel torque

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
      "Mike Riversong" wrote:

      >Jim Murray did an excellent presentation at the recent 2007 ExtraOrdinary
      >Technology conference. I highly recommend you get his DVD from
      >TeslaTech. www.teslatech.info I was ill during his presentation and
      >didn't get to see it. But there was a lot of good feedback from people who
      >did. In conversing with him, i got a definite sense that he's on the
      >level, and has done his homework.

      As I mentioned , I believe that Jim Murray is on the level , possibly
      frustrated as all hell due to him chasing down a few blind alleys at
      high speed & running into brick walls a lot....that flying saucer must
      have been a disappointment....

      On the ~60 minute talk & projected photo's he shows in the earlier
      video posted , he has been involved with working torque magnifiers
      but has been unable to develop or build them into the domestic
      "plug & play" assortment of flywheels & generators that Chas has
      put together. The electric car that Jim was involved with when he was
      19 yrs old looked very interesting , until they integrated the motors into
      rotating tractor wheels , that was a very bad idea.They should have kept
      the flywheel motor setup inside of the car.

      Also

      Check the video section of this page for.....

      " OPENING CEREMONY: Mike Riversong "

      http://www.intalek.com/Index/Projects/TeslaTech2007/Show.htm

      Time will tell , this month to be precise , as to wether Chas actually
      has the goods or his collection of Inertia Flywheels etc is merely a
      piece of "Modern Art"

      JB

      >At 05:36 PM 8/27/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >Jim Murray has tapped into this phenomena/area successfully
      > >a few times in his life it seems.
      > >
      > >The IEEE's R&D department , stuck to "company policy" &
      > >wouldn't financially entertain the working device he built ,
      > >I wonder if they actually looked at it or he had a working model
      > >to show them ?
      > >
      > >JB"
      > >
      > >Where are the public records and data of Murray's wor?. In other
      > >words, why believe that statement?
      > >
      > >Obviously someone here doesn't know anything at all about the IEEE.
      > >There isn't any "R&D Department" and there for sure isn't any "company
      > >policy". It's composed of a bunch of ivory tower academics and many
      > >many professional groups of guys working in different disciplines. Some
      > >of these guys have laboratories of their own or work for outfits which
      > >do but there is simply no place where someone could apply to get his
      > >device tested and there isn't, and never has been, any money to finance
      > >anything but a couple of inane publications for the general membership.
      > >All of the "good stuff" appears in the professional group transactions
      > >or the Proceedings and is thoroughly peer reviewed. I've been a member
      > >of the IEEE and its predecessor groups (Institute of Radio Engineers and
      > >American Institute of Electrical Engineers) for just over 60 years and
      > >never in that time has there been any mechanism to evaluate or finance
      > >anything and no one to approach to request same. The two organizations
      > >joined in the 1960's to form the IEEE and the operation has been going
      > >down hill since then - all of the expertise is in the professional
      > >groups and all of the liberal politics is in the organization per se.
      > >
      > >Sorry, nonsense is nonsense and Tesla's name deserves better.
      > >
      > >Ed
    • James Moore
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007
        Turn your sound on the PC down when you view this video.  I found it very interesting... all these
        complex standing wave patterns of resonance around us that we can't see. Check it out when you can.

        http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1572438

        Also, I watched the Jim Murray presentation at the link provided by someone, and enjoyed it.
        I watched the rather crude video at a previous link provided, and the man has done some
        quite interesting research and has been associated with some controversial folks, for sure.
        I found some of the presentation to be quite interesting, and other parts so-so, and the pics
        were bad, so couldn't tell much there but part of it was the video camera seemed to have no
        operator, and the conversion into a streaming file probably lost a lot of resolution also. However,
        at the very end of the lecture when he was answering questions... you actually got to seem him
        and the picture at that point was much better with the lights on, etc. It was worth watching for free.

        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6761827664845630969&hl=en

        jpm

        At 04:32 PM 8/31/07 -0700, you wrote:

        Jim Murray did an excellent presentation at the recent 2007 ExtraOrdinary
        Technology conference. I highly recommend you get his DVD from
        TeslaTech. www.teslatech.

        info I was ill during his presentation and
        didn't get to see it. But there was a lot of good feedback from people who
        did. In conversing with him, i got a definite sense that he's on the
        level, and has done his homework."

        If he made the statement about the IEEE which has been attributed he
        HAS to be a dishonest liar. If he didn't make the statement all bets
        are off. I have no idea what was in his presentation and not inclined
        to pay any money to find out. If he's "done his homework" and has
        something noteworthy and doesn't care to make public and submit to
        critical review that's his business. He won't get much recognition
        until he does.

        Ed

        "Each day is a new life. Seize it. Live it."
                     --David Guy Powers--

      • Michael Riversong
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 7, 2007
          Let's keep in mind that IEEE has done a lot to further Tesla
          research. They were in fact a co-sponsor of the early Tesla Symposium
          events in the 80s, and some of the board members of the International Tesla
          Society were IEEE members.

          IEEE has always included a healthy mix of people who were interested in
          Tesla, and those who were skeptical about his research lines -- somewhat
          the way this list is now.