Vintage Voltage report

  • Michael Riversong Education
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      Yesterday near Denver a new event was pioneered. It worked out fairly well.

      Vintage Voltage was a cooperative effort of a Denver area radio club and a show organizer. Part of it was simply a judged exhibit of old radios, TVs, musical instruments, and avionics equipment. Another part was lectures, including one i gave on the life and research of Nikola Tesla. There was a vendor's area too. The three parts were close but nicely separated in a good conference-oriented hotel north of town on I-25.

      Vendors were an endlessly fascinating bunch. There were speciality audio companies, used stereo dealers, musical instrument builders, antique electronics dealers, vinyl record bins, and of course the little Tesla Tech table. Attendees were spending money moderately.

      People who came were a mix of elderly and young people. I felt like there was a lot of unusual interaction among the generations. Several elder radio engineers stopped by my table and told good stories. I gave discounts on magazines to those who told the best ones.

      At the end of the show, i strongly recommended to the organizer that similar shows be put on in cities where Tesla Tech has clusters of members. That would probably include Phoenix, Albuquerque, and San Francisco. Any city with a strong amatuer radio club would be a good place to do this. I'm certainly open to suggestions, and of course am always willing to travel in service to the cause of expanding awareness of Tesla's work.

      I took several photos of equipment there, and plan to post them soon, linked to my Photobucket site through the Tesla Academy and other sites. Hopefully will have time to announce when those are processed and viewable.

      -- Michael Riversong
      Professional Teacher & Harpist
      Cheyenne, Wyoming
      (307)635-0900