MEDIEVAL TESLA COIL

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2007
      Here is a report on a remarkable discovery concerning the real
      origin and invention of the "Tesla coil" which may interest those of you
      who aren't already aware of it:

      http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/tesla/glitesla.html

      Other relatively unknown work of the Victorian experimenter Ernest
      Glitch can be found here:

      http://www.lateralscience.co.uk

      His and his forgotten assistant Hodges developed many devices which are
      commonly thought to have been discovered during the 20th century.
      Remarkable pair who should receive more recognition than they have received.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 11, 2007
        Ed wrote:
        > Here is a report on a remarkable discovery concerning the real
        >origin and invention of the "Tesla coil" which may interest those of you
        >who aren't already aware of it:
        >
        > http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/tesla/glitesla.html
        >
        >Other relatively unknown work of the Victorian experimenter Ernest
        >Glitch can be found here:
        >
        > http://www.lateralscience.co.uk

        Ernest was a brilliant man , far ahead of his contempairies & a
        somewhat hard task master , but he did get the results.

        http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/machgun/index.html

        I think both the inspiration & the results he got can only be
        attributed to the amount of exotic chemical cocktails that he
        would ingest , after testing them on Hodges.
        Temporary colour blindness is not something that an experimenter
        has time for & results in massive errors in observation during his work.

        >His and his forgotten assistant Hodges developed many devices which are
        >commonly thought to have been discovered during the 20th century.
        >Remarkable pair who should receive more recognition than they have received.

        Ahhhh to be wealthy & living back in the 19th century again , good times ,
        good times.

        Access to any & all the raw materials you want without question from the
        authorities &
        the ability to give out a damm good thrashing to your workers without fear
        of a lawsuit.
        Everyone knew their place & was happy to be there.

        His work in horse racing in 1855 led to the more subtle methods of getting
        an edge on
        the competition that are still used today....
        http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/turf/index.html

        I might pack myself a pipe of blended tobacco & toadskin whilst I sip on a
        few shots of sugared absinthe as I prepare myself for start of yet another
        week of adventure....get over here NOW Baldrick , you mindless fool !

        JB

        Other less fictional , but recommended reading.

        William Burroughs book "Junky"
        &
        "My Problem Child" by Albert Hoffman

        I often wonder what Albert was expecting to happen
        when he injected a few _grams_ of LSD into an Elephant ,
        I suspect he was disappointed when it near instantly dropped
        dead after being dosed.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2007
          I often wonder what Albert was expecting to happen
          when he injected a few _grams_ of LSD into an Elephant ,
          I suspect he was disappointed when it near instantly dropped
          dead after being dosed."

          There was a very learned article in Science magazine a number of
          years ago. Two researchers injected an elephant in the Atlanta, GA zoo
          with LSD and described the results in a very clinical fashion. You had
          to read the article twice to realize that the elephant died because they
          used such "high fallutin" language. Seems they made a mistake of a
          factor of 10 in the dose administered. Hadn't realized the same thing
          happened in England. No one bothered to explain why they chose an
          elephant as the subject anyway. I doubt if Glitch and Hodges would have
          made that mistake.

          Ed
        • macworks@bespiritdriven.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 12, 2007
            Jet ~

            I have a lot of links for Tesla on the website I am building (see bottom of page).

            What my specific interest is, concerns the short time that Einstein, Keely and Tesla got together and worked on their "harmonic balancer," not the flywheel, but the healing machine.

            There is very little information available about these unique collaborations. I know that Keely continued, however, I am only interested in their "team" progress.

            Tesla's vision took him to places that Keely only could imagine, and Einstein was so overwraught with mathematics, his mind went in another direction.

            I received a vision (okay, I am a true skeptic, but I tend to run with dreams and see where they pan out- something I learned following Tesla's life), about ten years ago, where their hamonic balancer machine was used in combination with fractal geometry in such a way that the music and light (through specially developed laser & maser) created a change at the cellular level.
            Okay, sounds sensational and the ravings of a lunatic (gee, where did I hear that before?), yet I know that lunatics are the worlds greatest inventors (perhaps, in my pipe dreams anyway!) and create things not before imagined.

            I have contacted so many people, from university professors to electrical engineers and have saved it all in a notebook (which ended up in storage last Oct when I moved to my present address, so the pursuit endures.

            If you have any leads, I'd appreciate sending them my way. I am open to collaboration on my idea, however, until I know someone well, information will be sketchy at best. This has nothing to do with keeping the secrets so I can become the rich guy (I am already well off), it has to do with keeping the powers-that-be from ripping off the idea and throwing it into storage for a millineum or two like they did Flannagan's "body" phone (too bad, his bitterness has taken him to places he needs to clear from and lose the anger to get back on his trail).

            Anyway, if you have anything.... or simply wish to share discussions of grandeur delusions and the wonder of life, write back....otherwise, toss my e-mail address in the trash and have a great life!

            Mike

            Jet Black <derringer@...> wrote:
            Ed wrote:
            > Here is a report on a remarkable discovery concerning the real
            >origin and invention of the "Tesla coil" which may interest those of you
            >who aren't already aware of it:
            >
            > http://www.laterals cience.co. uk/tesla/ glitesla. html
            >
            >Other relatively unknown work of the Victorian experimenter Ernest
            >Glitch can be found here:
            >
            > http://www.laterals cience.co. uk

            Ernest was a brilliant man , far ahead of his contempairies & a
            somewhat hard task master , but he did get the results.

            http://www.laterals cience.co. uk/machgun/ index.html

            I think both the inspiration & the results he got can only be
            attributed to the amount of exotic chemical cocktails that he
            would ingest , after testing them on Hodges.
            Temporary colour blindness is not something that an experimenter
            has time for & results in massive errors in observation during his work.

            >His and his forgotten assistant Hodges developed many devices which are
            >commonly thought to have been discovered during the 20th century.
            >Remarkable pair who should receive more recognition than they have received.

            Ahhhh to be wealthy & living back in the 19th century again , good times ,
            good times.

            Access to any & all the raw materials you want without question from the
            authorities &
            the ability to give out a damm good thrashing to your workers without fear
            of a lawsuit.
            Everyone knew their place & was happy to be there.

            His work in horse racing in 1855 led to the more subtle methods of getting
            an edge on
            the competition that are still used today....
            http://www.laterals cience.co. uk/turf/index. html

            I might pack myself a pipe of blended tobacco & toadskin whilst I sip on a
            few shots of sugared absinthe as I prepare myself for start of yet another
            week of adventure... .get over here NOW Baldrick , you mindless fool !

            JB

            Other less fictional , but recommended reading.

            William Burroughs book "Junky"
            &
            "My Problem Child" by Albert Hoffman

            I often wonder what Albert was expecting to happen
            when he injected a few _grams_ of LSD into an Elephant ,
            I suspect he was disappointed when it near instantly dropped
            dead after being dosed.

            >Ed

            michaelangelsiam
            "changing the world one glance at a time"
                      www.bespiritdriven.com

            LOVE THE ONE, YOU  ~ BE SPIRIT DRIVEN
            .

          • macworks@bespiritdriven.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 13, 2007
                > What my specific interest is, concerns the short time that Einstein,
                > Keely and Tesla got together and worked on their "harmonic balancer,"
                > not the flywheel, but the healing machine.

                > There is very little information available about these unique
                > collaborations. I know that Keely continued, however, I am only
                > interested in their "team" progress.

                > Tesla's vision took him to places that Keely only could imagine, and
                > Einstein was so overwraught with mathematics, his mind went in another
                > direction.

                If they ever met....

                Might be interesting to compare otherwise known locations
                of Tesla and Einstein (as being best documented) on specific
                dates.

                best
                dwp
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2007
                  At 10:16 PM 3/12/2007 -0700, Mike wrote:
                  >Jet ~

                  Just a quick correction/comment on the always interesting &
                  surprisingly accurate bio/chemical/electrical works of fiction
                  by Roger Curry that Ed & I often have a chuckle over.....

                  It seems that the LD50 (LDso ???) of D-lysergic acid diethylamide ,
                  or LSD-25 is somewhat unpredictable, as seen in the extract from the link
                  below.

                  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ehn/Web/release/problem-child.html

                  "The LDso for the mouse amounts to 50-60 mgtkg i.v. (that is, 50 to 60
                  thousandths of a gram of LSD per kilogram of animal weight upon injection of
                  an LSD solution into the veins). In the rat the LDso drops to 16.5 mg/kg, and
                  in rabbits to 0.3 mg/kg. One elephant given 0.297 g of LSD died after a few
                  minutes. The weight of this animal was determined to be 5,000 kg, which
                  corresponds to a lethal dose of 0.06 mg/kg (0.06 thousandths of a gram per
                  kilogram of body weight)."

                  My recollection of the one off Elephant experiment being in the order of grams
                  was an excessive overestimate, to say the least.

                  If Ernest Glitch & Hobbs were to obtain an Elephant for "experimental work"
                  I think Glitch would have a good rethink over what had happened with his
                  racehorse experiment , then upscale & modify the entire project in such a
                  manner so that he was _absolutely_ certain he would get more power & more
                  control over the creature whilst it was "chemically enhanced" <chuckle>
                  In Thailand elephants often turn into out of control "monster trucks"
                  when they get a few beers into them then start to tear apart the village
                  looking
                  for more beer or when they "snap" after being overworked & fed a few too many
                  Yaa Baa pills (methamphetamine) , a tired angry psychotic elephant is not
                  a reasonable or particularly responsible creature.
                  Glitch would do "wonders" with such a creature in the late 19th century.

                  >I have a lot of links for Tesla on the website I am building (see bottom
                  >of page).

                  Is that an angelic ASCII art version of the Wardenclyffe tower I see there ?

                  >What my specific interest is, concerns the short time that Einstein, Keely
                  >and Tesla got together and worked on their "harmonic balancer," not the
                  >flywheel, but the healing machine.

                  Firstly my thanks to Jerry Decker & everyone else who "built" keely.net in
                  back in the early BBS days. None of us would be here without the time effort &
                  foundations & information that the early "core group" lay down & spread around
                  way back then , most of us take their efforts for granted today & they
                  don't ever
                  get the recognition they truly deserve.

                  I was unaware of that all three of the above usual suspects ever got together
                  & collaborated on a "healing machine".
                  Tesla's vibrating platform is not all that well documented & I am still
                  trying to
                  work out what to mount my ELF speakers into so that they will vibrate properly
                  in an underwater tank for my feet , to possibly help alleviate a painful
                  peripheral
                  neuropathy I suffer from , there is some interest in electro therapy here ,
                  but as
                  you point out , quality information on the subject + proper construction
                  methods for apparatus is hard to find.

                  I have skimmed through "Keely's Secrets" a number of times & found it very
                  difficult reading , however I do like his charts & have printed out a
                  number of
                  the more interesting ones & stapled them onto walls around my place to keep
                  an eye on , add notes & colour to in order to get a better understanding of
                  them.
                  Mr Keely is a very long term "grind" of a project , in general , as I am
                  not musically
                  inclined , but , I feel there is something useful hidden inside of the
                  charts _if_ you
                  know how to interpret & apply the knowledge in them.

                  >There is very little information available about these unique
                  >collaborations. I know that Keely continued, however, I am only interested
                  >in their "team" progress.

                  Where did you source the information about this team ?

                  >Tesla's vision took him to places that Keely only could imagine, and
                  >Einstein was so overwraught with mathematics, his mind went in another
                  >direction.
                  >
                  >I received a vision (okay, I am a true skeptic, but I tend to run with
                  >dreams and see where they pan out- something I learned following Tesla's
                  >life), about ten years ago, where their hamonic balancer machine was used
                  >in combination with fractal geometry in such a way that the music and
                  >light (through specially developed laser & maser) created a change at the
                  >cellular level.
                  >Okay, sounds sensational and the ravings of a lunatic (gee, where did I
                  >hear that before?), yet I know that lunatics are the worlds greatest
                  >inventors (perhaps, in my pipe dreams anyway!) and create things not
                  >before imagined.

                  I am still naive enough believe that you must attempt the insane , to do
                  the impossible.
                  However I don't think Ed will go down that path as willingly , unless he
                  has some _solid_
                  scientific proof.

                  >I have contacted so many people, from university professors to electrical
                  >engineers and have saved it all in a notebook (which ended up in storage
                  >last Oct when I moved to my present address, so the pursuit endures.
                  >
                  >If you have any leads, I'd appreciate sending them my way. I am open to
                  >collaboration on my idea, however, until I know someone well, information
                  >will be sketchy at best. This has nothing to do with keeping the secrets
                  >so I can become the rich guy (I am already well off), it has to do with
                  >keeping the powers-that-be from ripping off the idea and throwing it into
                  >storage for a millineum or two like they did Flannagan's "body" phone (too
                  >bad, his bitterness has taken him to places he needs to clear from and
                  >lose the anger to get back on his trail).

                  I have a few other smaller electronic projects on hand to finish & more
                  research to do
                  before seriously putting together a 40 to 80+ watt ELF water tank , using
                  the many
                  20 watt , 0 to 3kHtz ELF speakers (rated @ 20Ft pounds of torque) & their
                  purpose
                  built amplifiers I have here.

                  >Anyway, if you have anything.... or simply wish to share discussions of
                  >grandeur delusions and the wonder of life, write back....otherwise, toss
                  >my e-mail address in the trash and have a great life!
                  >
                  >Mike

                  The list is open 24/7 discussion , musing , observations from the North or
                  South Hemisphere's ,
                  sharing of ideas & that sort of "stuff" is always welcome.

                  There will be no great leap forward if only "hard science" gets discussed
                  here , so a light dose
                  of spiritualism or philosophy in context is more than welcome , actually
                  it's needed & much more
                  preferred than HTML :)

                  JB

                  michaelangelsiam
                  "changing the world one glance at a time"
                  <http://www.bespiritdriven.com>www.bespiritdriven.<http://www.bespiritdriven.com>com

                  LOVE THE ONE, YOU ~ BE SPIRIT DRIVEN
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
                    I liked the definition of insane as doing the same thing and expecting different results.
                    Note that I do not believe the universe is at all insane, but nether does it lightly follow our rather simplified idea of reasonable either.
                    Think of it this way, if you will.
                    I am insane. My judgment and sensibilities are not to be trusted.
                    How then may I, being insane, adopt a protocol of thought and action that will yield a better chance to survive?
                    recall I said insane, not stupid.
                    Care, and attention to that which can be proved, not that which makes sense.
                    That is, best as I can suggest, what science is all about.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
                      At 07:38 AM 3/15/2007 -0700, Fred wrote:
                      >I liked the definition of insane as doing the same thing and expecting
                      >different results.
                      >Note that I do not believe the universe is at all insane, but nether does
                      >it lightly follow our rather simplified idea of reasonable either.
                      >Think of it this way, if you will.
                      >I am insane. My judgment and sensibilities are not to be trusted.
                      >How then may I, being insane, adopt a protocol of thought and action that
                      >will yield a better chance to survive?
                      >recall I said insane, not stupid.
                      >Care, and attention to that which can be proved, not that which makes sense.
                      >That is, best as I can suggest, what science is all about.

                      Many times when I was in my prime & working on ways to overcome
                      the numerous electro-mechanical problems that life regularly threw at me.
                      My brother & I (especially me) were continually put down , discouraged ,
                      scoffed
                      & openly laughed at at by the older wiser & more experienced people in
                      whatever
                      field of electro-mechanical competition we were involved in at the time.
                      Those who initially scoffed at our endeavors , quickly started to keep a
                      very close
                      eye on whatever my brother & I were developing as they were now getting
                      their ass
                      kicked in competition by a pair of young unknown newcomers to _their_ sport.

                      The scoffs of "that will never work" , we were mad (especially me) ,
                      "what you propose to do is impossible" & that I was insane for
                      even thinking up the such an idea etc etc , very quickly turned to
                      serious accusations of cheating. When they could find no evidence of
                      cheating,
                      special committee meetings were called up in order to change "the rules" all
                      because of _us_ & our innovations.

                      That's the context & story behind "attempt the insane , do the impossible"

                      When 2 brothers , (one quiet & one crazy) during their teens & early 20's with
                      no budget , but a lot of energy, creativity , lateral thinking , imagination &
                      on the surface , appear to only have the formal training of an Apprentice
                      Toolmaker & Apprentice Electrician can upset the status quo in every
                      competitive "motorsport" they attempted , anything is possible.

                      The spirit lives on.

                      I only need to design & execute a simple experiment that
                      "breaks the rules" I can then pass it on to someone else
                      who is able to reproduced the experiment & get the same
                      results that breaks the rules.

                      There will be no special committee meetings called to change
                      the rules because someone's innovation starts kicking ass
                      this time around.

                      JB

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
                        The spirit lives on.

                        I only need to design & execute a simple experiment that
                        "breaks the rules" I can then pass it on to someone else
                        who is able to reproduced the experiment & get the same
                        results that breaks the rules.

                        There will be no special committee meetings called to change
                        the rules because someone's innovation starts kicking ass
                        this time around.

                        JB"

                        If someone can duplicate the experiment [assuming it's really
                        duplicated] then that's what Science is all about. Something new to be
                        studied and understood and create new rules.