Re: [usa-tesla] Possibly of interest

  • lost clown
    Message 1 of 71 , Nov 1, 2006
      And the second time you've missed the point.  It hardly matters if those pressures will ever exist in homes or manufacturing facilities.  What does matter is that a result of that knowledge likely will exist there.
      Mike

      Reese <reeza@...> wrote:
      At 16:59 31-10-06, Ed Phillips wrote:

      > Note that pressures of the same order of magnitude exist at the
      >center of the earth...

      That's the second time you've said that. It isn't a proof that those
      pressures will ever be seen in homes or in commercial manufacturing
      facilities. The equipment necessary is too expensive to build and
      maintain, I said. Especially for several billion homes.

      Reese

      "The sum total of human intelligence is a constant.
      The population is rising!"
      My Grandmother's favorite saying

    • Reese
      Message 71 of 71 , Nov 12, 2006
        At 16:03 05-11-06, jim farrer wrote:

        >However it is also fact that way over 25 million human people have
        >died because of the discontinuance of DDT, as birdy eggs are more
        >important than human life,...

        The problems with DDT, it is very damaging to most if not all cold-
        blooded life forms (amphibians, reptiles), aquatic vertebrates and
        probably, aquatic invertebrates as well.

        However, there is no credible evidence that DDT caused eggshell
        thinning. Even Snopes questions that and attributes factors other
        than DDT for the decline in avian populations leading up to the
        domestic DDT ban in 1972:

        http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/reddye.htm

        DDT was certainly overused and abused in the USA before the ban, it
        caused a great deal of environmental damage with that abuse. But,
        it didn't cause declines in avian populations.

        Reese