more informed .. appreciate

  • peekay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2006
      yep .. now that i am more informed about your tedious studies and the professional background, i tend to agree with you ..

      you know the basic human thingy .. to treat the other guy as a less knowledgeable guy and oneself as the 'more' knowledgeable guy

      we  all sucuumb to that at time .. i guess i need to learn a lot from you too .. and i do a lot of studying his patents, wrappers, his own statements, speeches, articles, letters, documents and such things .. those which can be directly ascribed to be HIS thingys .. the reporters accounts etc then, as now, are bound to contain sesationalism more than informationalism

      i also read up a lot on the statements and speeches of his highly accomplished and esteemed contemporary scientists (in particular the speeches by several including nikola tesla himself  at the Ediston Prize function in 1907 .. next year will be the 100th anniversary of THAT event)

      and what other contemporaries say can be indicative if not fully informative about the person and his achievements

      as others do,  i too frame my views and opinions on what one says himself, what others said of him and what others are saying about him today too

      so, now that i know the enormous efforts you have put in .. in the study of his patents and ideas .. i tend to agree with you .. like all geniuses, tesla has to have his share of eccentricity, showmanship, verbosity and fantasizing statements .. sometimes a lot of hyperbole too

      thanks for the illuminating discourse

      ..peekay

      (this thread ends here as we have reached a 'position' which cannot be 'discussed' more to get more different outcome)