RE: [usa-tesla] String Theory

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2004
      ,mas wrote:

      >It is a fascinating subject. If ever proved to be right will open a lot of
      >options, the only problem is that is a purely theoretical construct.
      >
      >Not to long ago there was a show on PBS explaining string theory. The show
      >was excellent. The following link has some more on the show, I think it even
      >shows the chapters on the show.
      >
      >http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

      Thats the show. !

      I still feel they haven't properly covered the difference between strings
      in space (a very cold vacuum) & strings at unity (local air wherever you
      may be on the planet) Its the little things like local environment that
      really matter in such small "stuff"

      btw: does a black hole resemble a hyperbolic reflector with no end focal
      point , as seen on the show ?

      JB
    • Miguel A. Santos

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
          I'm glad that there is some kind of discussion about the string theory; at
          least we are starting one :) There is a lot to say there....

          mas

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
            I nope you are watching the Elegant Universe, String Theory. It is in the
            public broadcasting channel, PBS. Check it out, it is very interesting.

            mas