Re: [usa-tesla] String Theory

  • alex
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2004
      Make a search for Global Scaling.
      Alex

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2004
        ,mas wrote:

        >It is a fascinating subject. If ever proved to be right will open a lot of
        >options, the only problem is that is a purely theoretical construct.
        >
        >Not to long ago there was a show on PBS explaining string theory. The show
        >was excellent. The following link has some more on the show, I think it even
        >shows the chapters on the show.
        >
        >http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

        Thats the show. !

        I still feel they haven't properly covered the difference between strings
        in space (a very cold vacuum) & strings at unity (local air wherever you
        may be on the planet) Its the little things like local environment that
        really matter in such small "stuff"

        btw: does a black hole resemble a hyperbolic reflector with no end focal
        point , as seen on the show ?

        JB
      • Miguel A. Santos

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
            I'm glad that there is some kind of discussion about the string theory; at
            least we are starting one :) There is a lot to say there....

            mas

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
              I nope you are watching the Elegant Universe, String Theory. It is in the
              public broadcasting channel, PBS. Check it out, it is very interesting.

              mas