Re: Got it -explanation for dustdevils -thanks Dave

  • long_boat_roz
    Message 1 of 16 , May 3, 2003
      Hi All, Update on whether dust devils are charging the ground.Tv
      programme today interviewed people who had been in the bunker at the
      trailer park when the enormous tornado passed over. Nothing was said
      about being electrified. However I wonder if anyone noticed whether
      their watches were whizzing around for magnetic effects.

      In usa-tesla@yahoogroups.com, James Moore <JMoore58@h...> wrote:
      > Yes we can all be easily charged with high static potential at
      almost
      > any time, until we discharge or disapate! Good point Dave...
      >
      > J{M
      >
      > At 07:14 PM 05/02/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      > >> This particular one is really really UNREAL!!!! WACKO!
      It is true

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > "Great as are the past achievements, the future holds out more
      glorious promise...
      > The day is not distant when the very planet which gave [man] birth
      will tremble at
      > the sound of his voice; he will make the sun his slave... he will
      command the wild
      > elements; he will push on and on from great to greater deeds until
      with his
      > intelligence and force he will reach out to spheres beyond the
      terrestrial."

      > --Nikola Tesla-- (Modern Electrics
      1912)
    • long_boat_roz
      Message 2 of 16 , May 3, 2003
        HI Again, I dont see how it can be static myself isnt that to do
        with friction?Its more like something halfway between electricity
        and magnetism.Im going to try a coil going the other way coming back
        out. from the centre. Maybe it just needs a better pathway to
        stabilize into electricity proper. Roz ps. I'm talking about an
        uncharged coil showing "charge"

      • Riversong Education
        Message 3 of 16 , May 4, 2003
          Well, he said it wasn't electrically charged. It was some other form of
          energy. As for Preston having mental problems, that would be possible,
          considering some of the elements of stories he has related to me.

          On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 06:14 PM, David Thomson wrote:

          >> This particular one is really really UNREAL!!!! WACKO! It is true
          >> that TC's can store a bit of charge in the insulation for a minute or
          >> so, but as far as being "beneficial to have around" that's only for
          >> those with mental problems.
          >
          > Even if a coil could store static charge for 5 years, there's no known
          > benefit for static charges that I'm aware of. We can get static charged
          > objects just by rubbing a balloon against our hair, or some similar
          > thing.
          >
          > If the coil had any useful properties it would have to be from a
          > perpetual
          > rotating magnetic field or some other dynamic process.
          >
          > Dave

          Michael Riversong
          http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong
          Free MP3s, radical articles, and pictures on the web site!
        • David Thomson
          Message 4 of 16 , May 5, 2003
            The second double spiral coil just finished curing. The inductance of one
            side is 5.55mH and the inductance of the other side is 5.7mH. I should have
            checked the inductance before I put the coating on; it would have been
            relatively easy to balance the inductances.

            This coils has the windings going in the opposing direction, rather than
            parallel to each other. In the first coil of similar dimensions the series
            inductance of the two coils was just 1.111mH. The series inductance of
            these two coils is 21.3mH. That's nearly double the independent
            inductances. So not only do bucking coils nullify total inductance, but
            coils wound to support each other's magnetic fields increases inductance.

            Further, even though this new coil did not produce a rotating magnetic field
            with DC 24volt, 32Amp power, it did appear to produce a slowly waving
            magnetic field in the "sandwich area" and just beyond the diameter of the
            coil. By slowly waving I mean the south pole of a compass pointed to the
            right of the coil and then it pointed to the left and oscillated back and
            forth. I feel confident in this observation but I was holding the compass
            in my hand, so I need to set up a more rigorous test to verify the
            oscillation. Also, it may be that I need a much higher DC voltage to get a
            full rotating magnetic field effect.

            Roz had asked me to measure for voltage from the center to the outside of
            the coil with no power applied. I received a zero voltage reading. I
            suspect that if I were near a substantial source of radiation, such as a
            radio tower, that there would be a voltage since the coil would act as an
            antenna. Also Roz, having a hand near the test leads, or some other
            magnetic field moving in and out of the coil will produce a voltage. It is
            conceivable that the earth's magnetic field, if it suddenly increased and
            decreased, would cause a current to flow in the coil. The Elfrad guys
            measure this all the time.

            They'll be more experiments to follow as I get the time. I'll also get a
            web page up with photos sometime this week.

            Dave
          • long_boat_roz
            Message 5 of 16 , May 5, 2003
              Thanks Dave, helpful. I got my anomolous voltage (1.5) by putting 4
              strong hobby magnets attracting the opposite magnet around my coil
              with no charge through it . If you have magnets would you like to
              try that for me? The magnets weren't moving and in my case the coil
              was set above them.It would be helpful though to see if it happened
              with yours.My meter went flat as well.It was put away from the
              magnets.
              Would an oscillator measure negative magnetism and
              electricity?
              I would like to try counter spinning coils and discs. ie put a
              coil within a spinning disc with the ends coming from the axis to
              measure, and surrounded by magnets. The idea is to get the
              centrifugal and centripetal forces working in the same system.Energy
              = force + interface. The disc is one closed body interface with a
              slow centre. The coil is also a closed body interface with
              directional paths with a fast centre.The point being that energy is
              retained within the structure. Between magnetism and electricity
              being two dimensions of movement, electricity must dominate.A
              miniture Philadelphia experiment -Create the strong magnetic field
              at the centre by charging a coil as Dave has done and wrap
              the "ship" -an egg disc shape in helical coils and place the
              charged coil within.So at the axis it is slow and fast at the same
              time. Cheers Roz.

              Message 6 of 16 , May 8, 2003
                The double cone spiral on two cones with opposing direction coils can be
                cut on a
                standard metal working lathe have thread cutting gear such as my old craftsman,
                with it's 54 speed gearbox (to get varying thread pitches).

                IF the angle of the cone is 45degrees! ('Cause that's the only angle it
                can cut
                automatically, and then "thread".

                After the cone is cut, the "thread" (called a scroll) must be cut to hold
                and mold
                and space the windings.

                "thread" one cone with a right hand thread, the other with a left hand.

                This scroll is cut by engaging both the cross feed and the longitudinal feed.

                Jim

              • David Thomson
                Message 7 of 16 , May 9, 2003
                  Hi Jim,

                  Tesla's double coned coil is 45 degrees, so that would work. I assume when
                  you say one side is left thread and the other is right thread, the end
                  result is the wire will all be one continuously directed winding?

                  The windings look like a center tapped solenoid coil but with tapered ends.

                  Dave

                • David Thomson
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 9, 2003
                    On second thought, Tesla's double cone coil is not 45 degrees. It's 60
                    degrees. The cone has a 6" diameter base and a 6" height. This would make
                    a triangle of 3" x 6". Even just looking at it I can see it is an isosceles
                    triangle.

                    Dave