Tesla's 1931 Secret Pierce Arrow Project

  • teslatech2003 <steve@teslatech.info>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2003
      I am currently researching Tesla's 1931 Pierce Arrow Project. I
      already have an interview of Peter Savo, and the material on
      KeelyNet. Does anyone have any additional information?

      It is proving to be quite interesting and once fully revealed, it may
      end up being Tesla's finest work.

      Steve Elswick
      Publisher - ExtraOrdinary Technology
      http://www.teslatech.info
    • ANT
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2003
        Hi Steve, interesting that you brought this up as this
        is one of my pet interests (along with his turbine).

        I've been putting off contacting the P-A car club to
        see if they could do some research to see if it could
        be determined what particular chassis that the company
        loaned him.......then if it still survives it may be
        possible to inspect the car for any tell tale clues
        that might remain.

        One report I heard was that the car actually had a
        bank of batteries in the trunk and didn't have any
        "magic" power source.....but may have used some form
        of radio control of the speed regulator (IE gas
        pedal). The state of the art of electric motor
        controls back then was pretty much either a series of
        resistors added or removed from the circuit, and am
        sure that Tesla had a much more elegant solution.

        I'll do a quick search and see if I can come up with
        any relevant info on the web and post it here.
        -ANT

        --- "teslatech2003 <steve@...>"
        <steve@...> wrote:
        > I am currently researching Tesla's 1931 Pierce Arrow
        > Project. I
        > already have an interview of Peter Savo, and the
        > material on
        > KeelyNet. Does anyone have any additional
        > information?
        >
        > It is proving to be quite interesting and once fully
        > revealed, it may
        > end up being Tesla's finest work.
        >
        > Steve Elswick
        > Publisher - ExtraOrdinary Technology
        > http://www.teslatech.info
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Edwin Robinson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2003
          According to Savo... and I've pretty much determined that he has an accurate account... it had 1 battery, the motor was AC, and the secret is entirely in the box Tesla took with him. Personally, I think Tesla was bought off in 1934.  That was the year he was scheduled to do a more public test. In that year Tesla moved to the New Yorker -- the world's most modern luxury hotel and had Westinghouse (one of the principles involved in the PA project) pick up the tab.... hmmmmmmmmm.

          I have a great article in my magazine that is on its way to the printer. However, there's still pieces missing and I appreciate any help you can give me as I plan to do a follow-up article in the next one. In addition, I'll be picking back up on my own experiments in "cold electricity" by the end of the summer... I hope!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
            teslatech2003 wrote:

            > I am currently researching Tesla's 1931 Pierce Arrow Project. I
            > already have an interview of Peter Savo, and the material on
            > KeelyNet. Does anyone have any additional information?
            >
            > It is proving to be quite interesting and once fully revealed, it may
            > end up being Tesla's finest work.
            >
            > Steve Elswick
            > Publisher - ExtraOrdinary Technology
            > http://www.teslatech.info

            More likely it will turn out to be more Tesla mythology, of which
            there's far too much!

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
              Hello all , Last Friday afternoon I found a number of 50Watt Peltier
              heater/cooler devices for sale at
              http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/bcorner.html#(NEW)%20HEATER%20/%20COOLER%20ASSEMBLY:
              <watch for word wrap> theres links to pictures & a wiring diagram on the
              page to.

              The quality of the stuff that comes out of this warehouse ranges from "Dae
              Yung" brand chinese crap to milspec material (I got a nice 150 watt IR Tank
              lamp there once for $20) so you never know what the quality of something
              that you buy there until you get it in your hands for inspection.

              I've been researching what little there is about peltier fans , people
              mostly like to stick then on their CPU's to stop them toasting whilst
              overclocking or they are used in small 12VDC car fridges.
              This is not realy the application I had in mind , well maybe 1 to keep the
              ambient temp down in my AMD2000+ Box , I was thinking more along the lines
              of using 6 or more of these things as a alternate way to cool down the foot
              wells of my car , having a blown V8 leaves little room to fit a "real" air
              conditioning system up in the engine bay. Cabin temp (especially around the
              feet) has always been a problem , on a 30 degree day you can get up to 50
              to 60 degrees in the cabin due to the extra hot gasses coming out of the
              engine.

              I have no experience with these devices , it seems you need to add your own
              heat sink to the device , I can usually spot quality workmanship over cheap
              & nasty stuff , but the question remains is that can you join 3 , 6 or 9 of
              these things together with an appropriate heat sink & use them as a cooler
              or won't the 300watts of cooling power I have make any difference to
              cooling down any part of my car ????

              Any thoughts , ideas , things to avoid , or actual experience in working
              with or thermal destructive testing experiences with these devices would be
              greatly appreciated.
              These things usually don't last all that long on the shelves , so do I buy
              1 to toy around with or 6 to make a pair of 150W peltier cooler banks to
              drop the temperature in confined areas ?
              I got plenty of Al to make some great heatsinks for them as well as every
              thermal paste or aluminium cable joining paste known to man nicely ordered
              in my new lab here :)

              tia

              JB
            • dnorric
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
                Wow
                I live in QLD and was just looking at getting a couple of them to put in a
                sleeping cabinet i plan on making. I was going to add surround sound to it,
                so i figured why not add air condiotning. Yeah everyone thinks im crazy. Ah
                well.

                I would be interested hearing about how these devices perform and how easy
                they are to setup, and especially how noisy they are.

                Cheers
                Damian