Re: [usa-tesla] The end of spammers....(and spam idiots)

  • Dr. Wolfram Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2002
      hi Ron

      this is a wondeful idea.
      Since some weeks I'm angry when receiving mails from xyzdfge@... or something like this.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 9:47 AM
      Subject: [usa-tesla] The end of spammers....(and spam idiots)

      Hello Ladies and Gentlemen:

      I'm sorry I was so delinquent on this -- I only recently finally realized
      what the heck was REALLY going on.

      What someone having an account at yahoo.com has figured out is how to have
      some sort of automated script subscribe to all the yahoo lists via "made up"
      yahoo ids. The only way I've figured out to permanently fix this problem is
      to go a bit more hands-on...change the subscription to "authorized only".

      I've done this on the other lists I manage, and although I get a request daily
      for a subscription from xxxxxx@... with an id of xxxxxx, I just deny those
      requests. That way, these spam idiots cannot get onto the list (at least until
      they figure another format out). Even then, I just have to recognize what they're
      doing, and deny the request.

      It's worked so far for the other lists.

      So, here we go...into a different domain. You won't notice any difference, except
      the spam will stop (unless it's from legitimate accounts, and then I'll just
      bump'em off if things get abusive) You'll be able to unsubscribe normally...it's
      just that to resubscribe, I have to authorize it. I get an authorization request
      in the email, and I check if it's one of those spam idiot yahoo accounts. If it's
      not, I just go ahead and authorize it.

      Sorry for the inconvenience, but I believe it's necessary for everybody's sanity.
      -ron

    • nalsetd@fuse.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2002

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
          Are you guys starting to freeze up in the northern hemisphere , the list is
          pretty quiet atm ;)

          I was looking around for more info on electromagnets that attract non
          ferrous metals (I have the book on order at Lindsays) & found this page
          http://www.rexresearch.com/mrmagnet/mrmagnet.htm , cool , I now have a
          much better idea of the book that will arrive in 10 weeks or so ....

          Looking back to the home page http://www.rexresearch.com/ On their home
          page they have a link to this "electrostatic cooling system"
          http://www.rexresearch.com/blomgren/blomgren.htm
          I am slowly reading through both the texts on the page & the 2 patents
          3,224,497 & 3,872,917 , it doesn't seem right , where/why? does the energy
          go when you put a HV DC source near a hot object ?

          In Michael Riconosciuto's letter about his spooky dealings with the US .gov
          ,F-111's wing pins & cooling them down using this electrostatic cooling
          method he seems to claim to be able to drop the temperature of these wing
          pins up to 500 degrees F using less than 20 watts of electrical energy , I
          am somewhat confused , maybe I should have listened more during my
          educational classes (not that they would cover such a subject)

          They can argue all the theory about it till the cows come home for all I
          care , my question is does anyone know if this stuff is legit , does it
          really work , can I make myself up a low current (micro amps!!) 30-60KvDC
          transformer , connect the active it to some wire mesh or metal
          spikes/probes and expect it to noticeably cool my water radiator, engine
          oil cooler or everything else that gets hot under the bonnet of my car , as
          long as the "hot" bits are earthed & the wire mesh setup is not close
          enough to arc out on anything ?

          Its been a long day I'll do a bit more searching on the subject & people
          behind it , like they say if it sounds too good to be true then it probably
          isn't true........Tho , I never listen to what "they" say you can't always
          trust em ;>

          JB
        • James Moore
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2002
            Thanks JB.... cool links! Yes the list seems to be very quiet for unknown reasons.
            Guess that everyone is rather busy with other things? Good to hear from you.

            JPM

            At 05:39 PM 10/04/2002 +1000, you wrote:
[...]

            Sell a Home with Ease!
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/jFYolB/TM

            "Great as are the past achievements, the future holds out more glorious promise...
            The day is not distant when the very planet which gave [man] birth will tremble at
            the sound of his voice; he will make the sun his slave... he will command the wild
            elements; he will push on and on from great to greater deeds until with his
            intelligence and force he will reach out to spheres beyond the terrestrial."

                                        --Nikola Tesla--   (Modern Electrics 1912)

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
              Dear All,

              So short of time recently I've not had time to read your URL yet, Jet.
              Going in for cataract surgery tomorrow A.M., so probably won't have time
              in next few days either.

              My son had an electronic fridge in his truck for a couple years. It used
              solid state devices to achieve either cooking or heating of box contents.
              (Just reverse polarity for heating). Plugged in to the cigar lighter.
              Worked fine, just didn't have a large amount of heat transfer.

              If I understand, it used something the thermoelectric effect. Wife's
              pottery kiln has a pyrometer. Inside the kiln is the probe, consisting of two
              dis-similar metals welded together. This is in series with another 'probe'
              outside the kiln at ambient temp. In series with all this is the sensitive
              microameter. A current is generated equivalent to the difference in temp
              between the above two junctions.

              If I'm correct, putting D.C. into such a pair of junctions will heat one and
              cool the other.

              Could this be the effect your given URL is using?

              Jim Farrer

              Jet Black wrote:

              > Are you guys starting to freeze up in the northern hemisphere , the list is
              > pretty quiet atm ;)
              >
              > I was looking around for more info on electromagnets that attract non
              > ferrous metals (I have the book on order at Lindsays) & found this page
              > http://www.rexresearch.com/mrmagnet/mrmagnet.htm , cool , I now have a
              > much better idea of the book that will arrive in 10 weeks or so ....
              >
              > Looking back to the home page http://www.rexresearch.com/ On their home
              > page they have a link to this "electrostatic cooling system"
              > http://www.rexresearch.com/blomgren/blomgren.htm
              > I am slowly reading through both the texts on the page & the 2 patents
              > 3,224,497 & 3,872,917 , it doesn't seem right , where/why? does the energy
              > go when you put a HV DC source near a hot object ?
              >
              > In Michael Riconosciuto's letter about his spooky dealings with the US .gov
              > ,F-111's wing pins & cooling them down using this electrostatic cooling
              > method he seems to claim to be able to drop the temperature of these wing
              > pins up to 500 degrees F using less than 20 watts of electrical energy , I
              > am somewhat confused , maybe I should have listened more during my
              > educational classes (not that they would cover such a subject)
              >
              > They can argue all the theory about it till the cows come home for all I
              > care , my question is does anyone know if this stuff is legit , does it
              > really work , can I make myself up a low current (micro amps!!) 30-60KvDC
              > transformer , connect the active it to some wire mesh or metal
              > spikes/probes and expect it to noticeably cool my water radiator, engine
              > oil cooler or everything else that gets hot under the bonnet of my car , as
              > long as the "hot" bits are earthed & the wire mesh setup is not close
              > enough to arc out on anything ?
              >
              > Its been a long day I'll do a bit more searching on the subject & people
              > behind it , like they say if it sounds too good to be true then it probably
              > isn't true........Tho , I never listen to what "they" say you can't always
              > trust em ;>
              >
              > JB
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > [Image]

            • David Thomson
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2002
                http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/10/05/37771.html

                This interesting article appeared in the October 5, 2002 edition of Pravda,
                a major Russian publication. Tesla claimed 100 years ago to have received
                communications from aliens. Wait until you see how close they might be.

                Dave
              • Fred Bach
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 7, 2002
                  Jim Farrer wrote:

                  > Dear All,
                  >
                  > If I'm correct, putting D.C. into such a pair of junctions will heat one and
                  > cool the other.

                  It's called the Peltier effect. It can be thought of as the reverse of
                  the Seebeck effect (which is responsible for how thermocouples work).
                  Much can be found from a google.com search. Here are some URLs I found
                  on the topic:

                  http://www.uni-konstanz.de/physik/Jaeckle/papers/thermopower/thermopower.html
                  http://www.chem.cornell.edu/fjd3/thermo/TEeffects.html
                  http://www.marlow.com/faq.htm

                  If I recall correctly, there is also the semiconductor equivalent
                  which offers even more cooling per junction.

                  .. Fred Bach music@... Opinions are only mine.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 11, 2002
                    I'm still reading up on Electrostatic Cooling & came across this at an
                    Exotic Research conference by Bruce A.
                    Perreault http://www.nuenergy.org/Proceedings2001.htm , please
                    forgive me if having a battery bank in Tesla's infamous electric car is
                    common knowledge , I have never heard of it before.

                    <extract>
                    Tesla's Electric Car

                    Before I move onto my public tests I would like to clear up the myth that
                    has been going around about Tesla's electric car. The details of this car
                    was revealed to me by Tesla's last known living assistant Arthur H.
                    Matthews, E.E., and B.Sc. in 1986. In his audio tape sent to me he states
                    that special primary batteries with replaceable zinc electrodes powered
                    Tesla's electric car. This car had a "fluid transmission" and could travel
                    at 90 miles per hour. The electric motor could run on the batteries for
                    three hundred miles before you had to pull over and attend to the batteries
                    and then you were on your way for another three hundred miles. Matthews
                    claimed that there were enough spare parts in the trunk to run the car for
                    one year!

                    fluid transmission ? a variable (gear ratio) rate fluid transmission to
                    make up for an electric motors low RPM as compared to a conventional motor
                    of the time ?
                    The battery bank makes a lot more sense (to me) than (from memory)
                    "a black box with 2 x 3 inch antenna's on it with a few vacuum tubes"

                    JB

                    we live in interesting times
                    a curse or a blessing ?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 26, 2002
                      No really ignore this test message ;)

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 27, 2002
                        Will do, Jet. I'll ignore it completely!

                        Jim Farrer

                        Jet Black wrote:

                        > No really ignore this test message ;)
                        >
                        > JB
                        >
                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        > [Image] [Image]

                      • James Moore
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 29, 2002
                          Hi Jim.... well since the list seems rather dead.... I will send a couple of
                          links to things that I thought were interesting. Big Brother... voluntary or
                          mandatory in the future? Check out this surprise FDA move.

                          Here's the one on the beam weapons... Tesla technology of a sort?

                          http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_awst.jsp?view=story&id=news/aw080524.xml

                          Hope all the x-testa list members are doing fine, and just afraid to post
                          because of government suppression... it is very depressing indeed.

                          JPM

                          Jet Black wrote:

                          > No really ignore this test message   ;)
                          >
                          > JB