Re: [usa-tesla] Well Another One Down... How Many More to Go?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
      Dave, I haven't laughed so hard in weeks. Thankz. But I shall read it. Every word.
      Looks interesting, and out of my normal line of thinking. Gawd, I hope I don't get
      hooked on it.

      Jim

      David Thomson wrote:

> [...]
      > indicate unequivocally that a fundamentally moral life is a necessary
      > prerequisite for ridding our minds of negative emotions, for transforming
      > them into selfless compassion for all. There are many selfless endeavors
      > that we can take upon ourselves to stir the soup and help cool the pot. But
      > we should remember to be constantly mindful of our own mental attitudes. If
      > we are not, no matter how hard we stir, we may also be unconsciously helping
      > to turn up the flames.
      >
      > How do we change our own mental attitudes; how do we rid our minds of those
      > strong negative emotions that cause turbidity in our minds? Part of the
      > Bodhisattva Path consists of the practice of giving as an antidote to
      > desire, greed, stinginess, and craving; the practice of patience as an
      > antidote for anger; and the practice of wisdom as an antidote for
      > foolishness.
      >
      > Step Four
      >
      > We should work on the systematic extension of compassion towards others.
      > >From the level of our own minds, to our speech and then our actions, we can
      > work on generating compassion to those who are closest to us, the members of
      > our own familes, and then progressively extend our compassion to our
      > communities, countries, and the entire world. Many of you may be
      > disappointed in these suggestions. Perhaps you are looking for something
      > more exciting or stimulating. However, I hope that you will realize that
      > there is some indication that these Buddhist ideas do really work. King
      > Asoka, the Mauryan emperor of India who was coronated in 268 BCE, was
      > converted to Buddhism after experiencing personal revulsion in the aftermath
      > of his bloody conquest of Kalinga. Thereafter he prohibited any form of
      > killing and encouraged humane treatment of all peoples and also animals. The
      > Tibetans were bloodthirsty and warlike before conversion to Buddhism.
      > Likewise, their neighbors the Mongols, particularly the armies of Ghengis
      > Khan, terrorized many peoples, from China to the gates of Vienna. It would
      > be hard to find people more fierce and bloodthirsty. Buddhist missionaries
      > subsequently transformed the Mongols into one of the most peaceful peoples
      > of Asia. Buddhists have never advocated war and have never sanctioned the
      > idea of religious war. The ideal of the Bodhisattva (an enlightened being
      > who devotes himself or herself to the enlightenment of all beings) is to
      > voluntarily return, life after life, to our world of suffering to teach the
      > Way to permanent inner peace, which is the only way to true peace in the
      > world. Whether for us or for the great sages of the world, peace can only be
      > brought to the world one thought at a time in the minds of each one of us.
      > Only on that basis, can our actions for peace, also performed one at a time,
      > be truly effective.
      >
      > [ Reprinted here with permission of the author. Copyright © 1988 by Ron

    • David Thomson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it. Laughing is good in troubled
        times.

        >Looks interesting, and out of my normal line of thinking. Gawd, I hope I
        don't get hooked on it.

        Then again, considering the common sense nature of the message, maybe you're
        real hope is that you will?

        Dave
      • James Moore
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
          Sorry Dave, and others... what follows may have no scientific merit.

          ******WARNING******* lengthy rant with links, so just hit the delete key if
          you are not in the mood to listen for a few blistering minutes. There may
          be no science here, but Tesla is mentioned, because he was a great
          humanitarian, IMO and did give us technology upon which we have
          relied for many years, and some of which has been kept secret.

          The classified Tesla discoveries may have been used and or abused
          by several different nations, including the US and it's allies... or will be
          in the near future?

          We need some great humanitarians of Tesla's caliber in high places
          of authority, to get us through these troubled times! Where do you find them
          and how do you install them into the system, and would such philosophies
          be allowed to prevail?
          ***************************************

          Hi Jim.... thanks for pointing out to me, something that I missed related
          to the bungled or thwarted intelligence that allowed 911 to occur. Don't
          know how I missed that article, because I try to keep up... but thanks to
          you, I didn't miss it. Thanks again... sometimes I wonder if anyone visits
          the links that are non-science, or maybe considered controversial. Thankfully,
          some do, and even get more from them at times, than I did. You are
          definitely an open minded, free thinking Patriot, IMO. Without alternative
          sources of information, such as provided via Internet news, what does
          the concerned citizenry get? Only what those in control wish them to have.

          Dave, I am thankful for Jim's good explanation for non-science posts!
          He definitely has a better way with words than I, and an admirably deep
          insight into our current troubles. We should all attempt to be learning on
          all fronts of comprehension, IMO. I would much rather read science than
          non-science myself, but we should all be concerned with what is going
          down on the non-science home front, at present.

          When I keep my head buried in science, it is easy to loose touch with what
          is also very important, and effects science and all other facets of our society,
          preservation of cultural heritage, and in general... all our ways of life, for the
          present and future generations.

          As Jim stated, and I agree... some filler may be needed to keep the list
          active. I apologize that one of my links to a Socialist oriented site yesterday,
          may have been out of line, but I like to get perspectives from many directions,
          and then digest them in an attempt to discern an accurate picture, on a given
          issue. Sometimes this takes a while. It does matter what the rest of the world
          thinks, and how they perceive the USA and it's citizenry, leaders, etc.... IMO.

          Some facts cannot be gathered via conventional US media, IMO. Thank God
          for Internet freedom, which may not last long, at the rate that things are
          progressing currently. As a small example of our spoon fed media, and what
          we don't hear... what did you hear on CNN or in major newspapers of an
          attack on the Mexican parliament by two Israeli military men, who were luckily
          subdued without bloodshed? They were reported to be armed with grenades and
          automatic weapons. This event took place a few weeks prior to the attacks on 911.
          What was this all about, and who could guess their motives? It is still a mystery
          without any answers.

          They were detained for about a month, if I remember right, and then mysteriously
          released without charges. Absolutely nothing was mentioned on mainstream media
          here in the US, to my knowledge. Could this have been considered terrorism? No,
          because Israel is our favorite son.There was an attack on another countries's
          parliament by Israeli soldiers in the past, prior to the time frame of 911, but I don't
          remember the details of that one.

          I will try to relocate that info. The main point is that covert Israeli activity has gone on,
          and continues to do so, and it could be considered terrorism, and or illegal spy activity,
          but not by the US, even when it is against us, IMO. I sent something to the list about it,
          but never got many related comments that I remember. Of course after our own horrors
          of 911, it was rather trivial, but to me it was rather significant at the time, because there
          were rumors early on that Israel might have had advance warnings, or been involved
          in the events of 911.

          It seems likely at this point, that Israel did had advance warning, via their extensive
          electronic surveillance network within the US, and abroad. Even after this spy activity
          was discovered... what do you hear of it on the news? Alternative Internet news is
          about the only place to get real news anymore, there are thinking, caring, folks out
          there, but you must look for them, because very few are within the main stream sector.

          The Feds are keeping a very low profile on the Israeli spy issue, and it takes a back
          seat to their own troubles of corruption and mismanagement. We are all in very serious
          trouble at present! Dave you are trying to get a federal grant for your research. Well good
          luck, is all I can say... and you should have a good chance, all things considered. There
          should be plenty of money available, if anyone within the federal system cares in your
          project. When 17.5 BILLION Tax dollars can just fall through the cracks any given year,
          without any accounting of it, or anyone held accountable for it... this nation can only
          crumble with time.

          All of the insider trading on the European stock markets, involving the airline stocks
          etc... Germans tried to warn... supposedly Russians warned... Sharon warned? Who
          listened? Who was connecting dots... if no cautions or warnings were issued to
          airlines, or any increased security put in place, who was at fault? Many of the hijackers
          were supposedly under FBI surveillance at the time, so what failed in the system.
          The ugly possibility of there being some type intentional or coordinated failure, exists.

          Now after the ghastly events "without any warning" that catapulted us into escalating
          tragedy for us all... the seemingly incompetent federal bureaus are issuing stupid
          frivolous warnings one after the other, about things that people or airlines can do
          nothing about. Is this a propaganda ploy to help bolster their image, or a scare
          tactic aimed at getting more funds or power, as if they needed such to operate
          effectively? Your guess is as good as mind. Rediculous...

          Can an airline pilot or passenger, do anything to prevent a surface to air shoulder
          launched missile attack? Give me a break! This is just another display of how
          incompetent and irresponsible that the people protecting us really are, IMO.

          They find an empty launch tube in the middle east, and automatically they jump all
          the dots, and assume that since one MAY have been fired at US military plane, that
          our homeland commercial jets are at risk, for such attacks here and abroad. Airlines
          and flight passengers should be cautious or afraid as a result of this important
          intelligence discovery.

          This is shear stupidity, IMO.... even if the threat exists, (and in all probability has for
          quite some time).... this is not something that airlines or passengers can do anything
          about, and they shouldn't be frightened excessively, or needlessly by such stupidity, IMO.
          There are still many unresolved questions associated with the peril of flight 800, in this
          regard... and many totally discounted eye witness reports of some type of surface to
          air missile being observed by many civilians on the ground, and pilots in the air, and boats
          in the water, before flight 800 exploded.

          Terrorism, bungled Navy operations... NO..... faulty wiring, was the official story, even
          though Naval personnel originally had a different story, but were intimidated into recanting.
          The skies are simply not safe, and anyone flying is taking a chance, end of story. What
          edgy passengers DON'T need to hear are stupid irresponsible warnings such as were
          recently issued, in regards to the possible threat of shoulder launched missile attacks.

          As long as US Taxpayers are able to live the credit bubble dream... pay the IRS with a
          plastic card, drive a spiffy vehicle, live in a nice mortgaged home, and have a cell phone
          for every pocket... they will remain contented, and unconcerned with what is present or
          future reality, until the next 911 bolts out of the blue, without warning? I am sorry, but I
          am not optimistic for the American Dream.

          Since Pan Am flight 103 has been in the new lately, here is another perspective.

          <snippet>
          "Only one newspaper in North America ran a series after the crash, outlining some
          of the secret arrangements of the units of the American CIA that were snuffed
          out by the crash. That was in Canada, the Toronto Star. Prior thereto, by phone
          hook-up, I did radio shows in Toronto with a relative of the publisher who went on
          the air under a pen-name. Some were puzzled how FBI agents showed up at the
          Lockerbie, Scotland crash site in some instances quicker than local authorities.
          As stated in an award-winning film documentary about Pan Am flight 103 "Very
          strange people were at work very early on. "

          Please read the whole article at this link. Sherman Skolnick is one BRAVE PATRIOT.

          http://www.skolnicksreport.com/spoliticalp.html

          http://www.skolnicksreport.com/shistory.html

          Moral to flight 103.... check the passenger list before you fly the friendly skys... wouldn't
          do any good in most cases, I suppose. So air travelers are vulnerable to tyranny. Nothing new.
          Enough... I am out of breath and fit to be tied. How can a person turn their brain off? Think
          I will take a pill and go back to sleep. Sorry folks... had to get it out. I feel so helpless, and
          depressed for the future of our once great nation. I want to believe that we are doing the right
          things, and that good will prevail in the end, and that God is on our side, but it is so much
          more difficult to wave the flag as the days, months, and years go by.

          Prayer may be our only salvation if there is a salvation for us as a nation? Bombs certainly
          aren't the true answer? Sorry Dave and others just hit the delete key if all this ranting has been
          offensive, but I think that Tesla's ashes are probably stirring in Belgrade, if he can see the sad
          state of affairs that not only us, but the rest of the world, has come to. He was so optimistic for
          the future of mankind, at one point in his life, and made so many glorious predictions of a
          magnificent age of technical achievements which would bring the world to peace and harmony.

          Sadly, Tesla seems to have been wrong on certain of his optimistic predictions, because
          the human greed factor was not factored in? Much of the highest level of technology is not
          used in peaceful application, but just the opposite it seems, which is very sad indeed.
          The end.

          JPM

          At 11:56 PM 05/31/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]
          > accept applications for search warrants and other
          > surveillance requests that he prepared.
          >
          > The court's reprimand in the Hamas cases prompted then-FBI
          > Director Louis Freeh to review surveillance applications
          > for various al-Qaeda suspects, where he uncovered similar
          > problems.
          >
          > As a result of the affidavit problem, Reno turned
          > Resnick's case over to the Justice Department's Office of
          > Professional Responsibility, short-circuiting his career
          > at the FBI, where he had previously been described as a
          > "rising star."
          >
          >Being a dyed in the wool conspiracy believer, I wonder precisely why
          >Resnick's career "was cut short." S M E L L S.
          >
          >POINT: Couple years ago the Washingtion Post came out with an article on the
          > "Secret Police" dept. assigned to the president (this while Clinton was
          > still in office). This dept. had been instituted during the elder Bush's
          > administration. It had $12,000 million dollars a year to spend
          > 12 X 10**9 in fortran notation.... umm 12 billion$.
          > Main job: anti terrorism. It's head was on the National Security Board,
          > with full voting rights. Same voting strength as the Head of the
          > Joint Chiefs of Staff. So, after 911 occurred, why was it necessary to
          > appoint a new one for Homeland Security, with the Gov. of Pennsylvania
          > as head?
          >
          >Jim Farrer
          >

          >James Moore wrote:
          >>
          >> I don't know what happened to the text that was supposed to have been
          >> above the Madison quote. Hopefully, the FBE won't abuse it's newly gained
          >> surveillance powers, which cover just about everything including the Internet.
          >> It is ironic to me that by being incompetent, the federal systems just gain
          >> expanded power and resources, when in the private sector, the scenario
          >> is just the reverse.
          >>
          >> Hopefully, these expanded powers won't be abused, or
          >> turned against those who feed them, but I have my doubts. Citizens rights
          >> that have been hard won over time, can vanish over night in times of war.
          >> If the systems in place had not been thwarted by certain factions of the system,
          >> 911, in all probability would have been prevented, and these facts are slowly
          >> coming to light in the public view at present.
          >>
          >> Personally, I think that the dots were being connected just fine, by some... but
          >> others did not wish to look at them, for unknown reasons. All of this newly
          >> gained power, and money will help them connect the dots I suppose. At least
          >> this is what we a suppose to believe, I suppose. If there was any doubt that the
          >> US is rapidly becoming a police state, there shouldn't be now.
          >>
          >> What is freedom and justice for all. Good question, and I think that it needs to
          >> be redefined. Well I wish them success, and pray for us all. Checks and balances,
          >> I think not. What is a terrorist... maybe a heckler in a Texas crowd? What do you
          >> want terrorist to be? It's up to you... just make something up, it's ok?

          "Tesla has contributed more to electrical science
          than any man up to his time." -Lord Kelvin-
        • James Moore
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
            Very interesting post Dave! what the world needs is better Karma. Speaking
            of Sanskrit, are you familiar with Patrick Bernhardt's musical Matras? Check
            out Solaris Universalis if you get a chance. Even though I can't understand
            the lyrics (supposedly in Sanskrit), the musical composition is superb, and
            very relaxing, and a type of religious experience to listen to. He should put
            out an English translation of his works, IMO. I am very eager to understand
            the lyrics to his music, of which I have several albums. If you are not familiar
            with him, maybe I can share them with you, I you wish.

            "Tonight I spent a couple hours chanting the Vajraguru Mantra for world
            peace. If I'm going to participate along these lines I would post something
            like..."

            This is also very admirable! If everyone of every religion were concerned enough,
            and made an all out effort to concentrate for world peace, and harmony for mankind,
            who knows what might miraculously happen to the cumulative human psyche, to
            change the course of this world in a better direction. Thanks for your non-science
            contribution. I don't think that it hurt anyone, and those who might not approve can
            delete, right.

            JPM

            At 12:32 AM 06/01/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
            >be hard to find people more fierce and bloodthirsty. Buddhist missionaries
            >subsequently transformed the Mongols into one of the most peaceful peoples
            >of Asia. Buddhists have never advocated war and have never sanctioned the
            >idea of religious war. The ideal of the Bodhisattva (an enlightened being
            >who devotes himself or herself to the enlightenment of all beings) is to
            >voluntarily return, life after life, to our world of suffering to teach the
            >Way to permanent inner peace, which is the only way to true peace in the
            >world. Whether for us or for the great sages of the world, peace can only be
            >brought to the world one thought at a time in the minds of each one of us.
            >Only on that basis, can our actions for peace, also performed one at a time,
            >be truly effective.
            >
            >[ Reprinted here with permission of the author. Copyright © 1988 by Ron

            "Each day is a new life. Seize it. Live it."
            --David Guy Powers--
          • Robert Helton
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2002
              Hello everyone,

              Hi James my name is Robert Helton and enjoyed your post..and all of them
              actually. I`m an avid lurker here and like the subject matter and
              collect many interesting links. Here is an interesting link on Buddha
              Particle Physics you may find interesting. I haven`t read it for quite
              awhile but it seems their belief is similar to todays quantum theories
              where "particles" come and go from existence. Possibly drawing energy
              from the zeropoint/aether? I kind of lean towards the all matter is
              vibration like Milo Wolfe promotes and many others I`m sure. Anyway here
              is the link I mentioned above:
              http://www.cyborganic.com/People/gizard/Tibud/Mad/index.html

              James Moore wrote:

> [...]
              > >of Asia. Buddhists have never advocated war and have never sanctioned the
              > >idea of religious war. The ideal of the Bodhisattva (an enlightened being
              > >who devotes himself or herself to the enlightenment of all beings) is to
              > >voluntarily return, life after life, to our world of suffering to teach the
              > >Way to permanent inner peace, which is the only way to true peace in the
              > >world. Whether for us or for the great sages of the world, peace can only be
              > >brought to the world one thought at a time in the minds of each one of us.
              > >Only on that basis, can our actions for peace, also performed one at a time,
              > >be truly effective.
              > >
              > >[ Reprinted here with permission of the author. Copyright © 1988 by Ron
              > >Epstein. All rights reserved. ]
              > >Copyright © 1977-2002, Barry Kapke.
              > >All rights reserved.

              > "Each day is a new life. Seize it. Live it."

            • James Moore
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2002
                Thanks Robert... I will check the link out. I am always interested in new
                or different viewpoints and theories on different topics, although I must
                say... I can't imagine Buddha could have to do with Particle Physics.
                Maybe I will know when I visit the link. thanks....

                JPM

                At 10:44 AM 06/02/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]
                >> >of Asia. Buddhists have never advocated war and have never sanctioned the
                >> >idea of religious war. The ideal of the Bodhisattva (an enlightened being
                >> >who devotes himself or herself to the enlightenment of all beings) is to
                >> >voluntarily return, life after life, to our world of suffering to teach the
                >> >Way to permanent inner peace, which is the only way to true peace in the
                >> >world. Whether for us or for the great sages of the world, peace can only be
                >> >brought to the world one thought at a time in the minds of each one of us.
                >> >Only on that basis, can our actions for peace, also performed one at a time,
                >> >be truly effective.
                >> >
                >> >[ Reprinted here with permission of the author. Copyright © 1988 by Ron
                >> >Epstein. All rights reserved. ]
                >> >Copyright © 1977-2002, Barry Kapke.
                >> >All rights reserved.

                >> "Each day is a new life. Seize it. Live it."

                "Our entire universe does not seem to be infinite, yet our math has,
                not only infinity, but infinity so complicated it's mind boggling."

                --Jim Farrer USA-Tesla 3/2002--